• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

It's a cool cover, but the way the monster's side is drawn has always bugged me. The flat part on the left looks like it was added as an afterthought.

Just me?

That's an interesting observation...you can see how it could be either way... hm

Damn...now you've got that in my head and it's bugging me now... :makepoint:

sorry, i do that sometimes.

Here's another recent pick-up. Unlike the #13 I posted last week, this one I bought slabbed. It has considerably more defects, but still grades out 8.0. The deep rich uniform reds on this one more than make up for the spine wear. I've seen so many copies of this issue where the red is more like a washed out orange, that when this one came up, I couldn't pass it up. The census shows that this is the only 8.0 with no 7.5s or 8.5s.

aaf8cgc80oww.jpg

That AAF #8 is just wonderful. As I am watching the Twilight Zone New Year's marathon, I am tempted to get out my AAF collection!

" My name is talking Tina, and you'll be sorry". lol

Ah you beat me to it :) I was eyeing that copy also. How is the lower left corner? On the original scan it scared me away. On your scan it looks more minor . Good job; that will teach me to not pull the trigger ;). Congrats on a great book. The color is magnificent .

Edited by Bronty

Here's another recent pick-up. Unlike the #13 I posted last week, this one I bought slabbed. It has considerably more defects, but still grades out 8.0. The deep rich uniform reds on this one more than make up for the spine wear. I've seen so many copies of this issue where the red is more like a washed out orange, that when this one came up, I couldn't pass it up. The census shows that this is the only 8.0 with no 7.5s or 8.5s.

aaf8cgc80oww.jpg

Fantastic book Pete!! :applause: Super tough in grade + often with that washed out look you mentioned. Congrats! (thumbs u

Thanks, it is more of a light surface color rub than an impacted corner.

Ah you beat me to it :) I was eyeing that copy also. How is the lower left corner? On the original scan it scared me away. On your scan it looks more minor . Good job; that will teach me to not pull the trigger ;). Congrats on a great book. The color is magnificent .

Thanks, it is more of a light surface color rub than an impacted corner.

:applause: (thumbs u