• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Oh yeah...a cool $1300... :applause:

A boardie win?? hm

I was underbidder. I had a lower bid and then got pissed off and bid 1200 to try win since I got decked on the others. You can see how well that turned out. :tonofbricks:

Oh well. At least I hopefully made tsimanga or whoever the seller was some extra money. Now I can go back to reality and start being cheap again doh!

Oh yeah...a cool $1300... :applause:

A boardie win?? hm

I was underbidder. I had a lower bid and then got pissed off and bid 1200 to try win since I got decked on the others. You can see how well that turned out. :tonofbricks:

Oh well. At least I hopefully made tsimanga or whoever the seller was some extra money. Now I can go back to reality and start being cheap again doh!

Yeah, that was my book too. Thanks for the congrats. But it was a tough decision, auctioning off all of my HG pre-hero books. I planned on keeping them but my collecting focus has shifted to unslabbed, and these are all too nice to bust out of the cases. It's not like I bought these off the rack though...lol... I paid good money for them.

Holy :censored::censored:

Up until now all this talk about big results has just been an appetizer. I present you the main course:

Strange Tales #93 8.5 OWW $2322 ????

The wax people? Seriously???

I'm rarely shocked by the prices that uber-HG copies of pre-hero Marvels will bring. The combination of rarity in grade and passion amongst their collectors is a dangerous one. I'm just glad the 6.0-7.5 where I prefer to swim are still available to folks in my tax bracket.

And congrats on your sales, Tsimanga!

well yeah I get that, and I've only been collecting these a short while so I don't have the experience of many here but in my mind there its an 8.5 and a later issue... but what do I know. (I personally have a much easier time understanding 2.5k for JIM 56 8.5 than for ST93)

well yeah I get that, and I've only been collecting these a short while so I don't have the experience of many here but in my mind there its an 8.5 and a later issue... but what do I know. (I personally have a much easier time understanding 2.5k for JIM 56 8.5 than for ST93)

I would agree with you, but it only takes two bidders to get into territory others would consider crazyland.

:news:

This just in...OMG! :o

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2Fauctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=913256

Damn I wanted to bid on this but had other commitments... :frustrated:

TTA29.jpg

THAT is a nice copy!

One of my favorite Kirby covers - right up there with Strange Tales #97.

tta_29.jpg

ST_97.jpg

Two of my favorites as well! :headbang: But sadly presently missing from my collection...it won't be long though... :wishluck: