• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Tortoise congratz on those TTA pickups :applause:

I scored a couple more tonight. One a slight upgrade and the other brings me down to only needing 5 more TTAs to go :whee:

RADAFB592012312_94614.jpg

RAD390DD2012314_10932.jpg

Awesome. I almost went after that 29, but I was cheap lol

Just got these back from CGC today. Needless to say, I am very happy with these. Some others, I was disappointed. You win some, lose some.

They seem to be all over the place with the grading. Books I thought were 8.0,8.5 were graded 7.0-7.5. Some were graded 1.0-1.5 higher than I expected.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks, guys.

The only way to go with CGC is to fast track for an extra $10.00 a book.

Submitted these Feb. 20. Last batch I submitted took 4 and a half months without fast tracking. When I get a chance, I'll post more. Watching final four BB-ball right now.

Back on page 335, I mentioned a collection that I was able to get first crack at in San Diego years and years ago. I just now got more of them slabbed. Also, I think the TOS 13 came from Jef Hinds. That was a short subject of conversation too.

Some of these grades surprised me and others were disappointments. I'll post some of the books that I thought were low graded.

Also, getting back to that collection in SanDiego. I only pulled books that were gaps in my collection at the time. I wasn't looking for upgrades. There were many other HG copies that I passed over. :makepoint:

The first two books, TOS 9 and 29 were the most disappointing. I thought they were better than this. The others I thought were higher, but nothing wrong with 8.0's.

lPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a true story. I had the current highest grade copy of this issue (9.0). I held this copy and the 9.0 side by side and thought this copy was as nice or better.. So, I sold the slabbed 9.0 on Heritage years ago. Currently it is residing in Turtleboys collection.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The JIM 77 and 78 I think were graded exactly right

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well that does it. Glad I could share these with you boardies. These were the best books I had left that were raw in my collection. Still have some decent other raws, but not as good as this bunch.

I worship the ground these books walk on (worship)

I agree some of those look way better than the grade they got. You should resub them just to see what happens.

Beautiful Beautiful books :luhv:

You've made everyone reading this thread jealous :devil:lol

I was just lucky to get a head start on some of you guys.

Keep collecting and posting your new acquisitions for all to see.

In the process maybe we'll bring more PH collectors and enthusiasts into the fold.

I was just lucky to get a head start on some of you guys.

Keep collecting and posting your new acquisitions for all to see.

In the process maybe we'll bring more PH collectors and enthusiasts into the fold.

+1 Here on the head start... :) I have a few nice raw books at CGC myself that I'm hoping to get back in a few weeks. I may post some pics if they don't disappoint too badly.