• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Finished off (for now) my AAF 7-14 set with this nice 5.5 #8 (now freed from it's tomb)...If you haven't read this one yet you're in for a great read...especially dug story #2 "The Yo-Yo"...yes, a story about the toy, the yo-yo... :headbang:

AMAZINGADULTFANTASY8CGC55OW.jpg

NICE! Still need that one! Good looking copy! :applause:

Finished off (for now) my AAF 7-14 set with this nice 5.5 #8 (now freed from it's tomb)...If you haven't read this one yet you're in for a great read...especially dug story #2 "The Yo-Yo"...yes, a story about the toy, the yo-yo... :headbang:

AMAZINGADULTFANTASY8CGC55OW.jpg

NIce pick up Tom. I have the urge now to start working on this run.

It's a great run to put together Tim and for me, these books should be raw and readable...that's why I put it together at mid-grade...5.0 to 6.0-ish with my one FN/VF (CGC 7.0) being issue #7 de-slabbed...

And they're the ultimate Ditko fan books...each book containing 5...count 'em 5...Ditko tales and art! :headbang:

I posted this in my con report but here it is again. Picked this up from Blazing Bob at C2E2. You can see on the cover it has some marker bleed through from someone circling the Issue number and date on the inside F.C.

This book was just too darn nice to pass by though, and I really enjoyed reading the Ditko stories. I don't know how CGC would hammer this book but I still think its worth a shot. It has beautiful inside pages and paper.

amazingfantasy11001.jpg

Mysterio - KICK Signature man! So hard to put that run together!

....Dr Droom RULZ.......anybody ever notice how many prototypes were based on Doc Strange ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mysterio - KICK Signature man! So hard to put that run together!

Thanks, your signature isn't too shabby either! I am very proud of it, and it was a long time goal of mine to assemble the set. I am working on filling in that last spot, and should hopefully have it in hand shortly. :wishluck:

Made a little road trip today and came away with a dozen pre-hero Marvels... my first ones!

These are some whacky but seriously cool comics.

BTW, this is not as nice as it seems (some moisture damage - which you can see to the right of the genie's right ankle - but really nice interiors and a very fresh presenting book).

TOS40.jpg

This book is absolutely newstand fresh - including white interiors - but it has heavy pre-marvel chipping along most of the right edge.

I don't even know how something like this would grade?

TOS33.jpg

Another TOS, this one is a few pre-marvel chips away from being in the "really nice" category...

TOS35.jpg

congrats....beautiful presenting copies....

Another TOS, this one is a few pre-marvel chips away from being in the "really nice" category...

TOS35.jpg

I remember seeing this book as a kid, the cover really creeped me out, it was some years before I could afford to buy it and read it.

I never had one as nice as this though.

:applause:

This book is absolutely newstand fresh - including white interiors - but it has heavy pre-marvel chipping along most of the right edge.

TOS33.jpg

Probably about poor minus. I'll give you 5 bucks for it... :shy:

TOS33.jpg

....I had an FF 18 similar to that.....it was a CGC 8.5. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u