• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

This book is absolutely newstand fresh - including white interiors - but it has heavy pre-marvel chipping along most of the right edge.

I don't even know how something like this would grade?

TOS33.jpg

Probably about poor minus. I'll give you 5 bucks for it... :shy:

$10!

I also got a look at a stack of JIM's yesterday, but only a handful met the 3P's (Presentability, Pages, Price).

I'm thinking now that I may have been too picky, but while none of these books are high grade, some have bone white pages and they feel just great:

JIM48.jpg

This book is absolutely newstand fresh - including white interiors - but it has heavy pre-marvel chipping along most of the right edge.

I don't even know how something like this would grade?

TOS33.jpg

Here are scans for the tho reference books I mentioned earlier: ST 105 and TOS 40...

st105cgc90owwpacificcoast-1.jpg

tos40cgc75oww.jpg

Here's the other half of the 8 JIM's I picked up yesterday.

I certainly appreciate the kind comments and PM's, yet to repeat these are not high grade copies - their presentability (I keep using that word because it is so important to me) surpasses what would be their technical grade.

I'm really enjoying them...

JIM63.jpg

OK, to bring it back to the prehero topic, here's what you'd get if you got the irresistable urge to pick off all the chips tonight when you're reading it:

st64cgc55white.jpg

RUN! ITS A COOKBOOK...!

OK, to bring it back to the prehero topic, here's what you'd get if you got the irresistable urge to pick off all the chips tonight when you're reading it:

st64cgc55white.jpg

RUN! ITS A COOKBOOK...!

"To Serve Man" ... classic Twilight Zone episode! :headbang:

Beautiful books! Where did you pick up such a large grouping in one fell swoop? LCS? Dealer local to you? Private collector?

It was a short road trip to a really great shop. I hope to go there again in a few weeks and look at the lower grade items that I passed over too quickly the other day.

Unfortunately, they suffered a theft earlier this year and a nice selection of the pre-hero books were taken. What a shame, I really hate friggin' thieves.