• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

well I wasn't anticipating I'd win anything today, but you know what they say... never look a gift Krang in the mouth!

tal5.3453a.jpg

Holy smokes that is a gorgeous copy! And i agree with what you were saying earlier about the doublethick word balloons with colored edges, on of my favorite things about early marvels.

A gift Krang? I have a little bit more comprehensive advice - never look any Krang in the mouth! And honestly, I don't think climbing on its back is all that good of an idea either. Nice pick up, I was too busy to do a search and missed this one.

well I wasn't anticipating I'd win anything today, but you know what they say... never look a gift Krang in the mouth!

tal5.3453a.jpg

Great pick up, Bronty.

That TOS 3 (9.6) for $9600.00 with cream/OW pages. :o

I agree with the :o

Some real nice preheros in the comicconnect auction guys... take a look! I am going to sit them out as I bought FF4* and FF5* today :tonofbricks: HERO books. :sick:doh!

* a childhood favorite and a childhood want respectively. Please don't revoke my prehero collector card :sick:

so much for that, I won a double by accident with what I thought was a low ball bid for a black cover book with nice pages that has a high census of 8.5

doh!

:)

Well I am happy to have another nice one, but if anybody has a double they want to trade in exchange, holler at me by pm

ama6.142a.jpg

Thanks to pre-hero addict extraordinaire Bronty's generosity to help out a fellow degenerate collector, this gorgeous AA #2 is on its way to my house. He couldn't have been cooler or more helpful in the transaction, and it was smooth as silk. Thanks again!

:gossip: My 7.0 is still available if anyone would be interested. Any reasonable (or even slightly unreasonable) offers considered.

Some real nice preheros in the comicconnect auction guys... take a look! I am going to sit them out as I bought FF4* and FF5* today :tonofbricks: HERO books. :sick:doh!

* a childhood favorite and a childhood want respectively. Please don't revoke my prehero collector card :sick:

so much for that, I won a double by accident with what I thought was a low ball bid for a black cover book with nice pages that has a high census of 8.5

doh!

Well I am happy to have another nice one, but if anybody has a double they want to trade in exchange, holler at me by pm

ama6.142a.jpg

Thanks to pre-hero addict extraordinaire Bronty's generosity to help out a fellow degenerate collector, this gorgeous AA #2 is on its way to my house. He couldn't have been cooler or more helpful in the transaction, and it was smooth as silk. Thanks again!

:gossip: My 7.0 is still available if anyone would be interested. Any reasonable (or even slightly unreasonable) offers considered.

Nice book! If I recall, there is a killer Dr Droom story where he visits Atlantis. Kirby gives the reader their 10 cents worth!

doh!

ama6.142a.jpg

This spirit of cooperation and mutual goodwill is the best part of these boards. That and the scantily clad cosplay chicks in general!! :cloud9:

doh!

aa6.142a.jpg

This spirit of cooperation and mutual goodwill is the best part of these boards. :

MONSTROUS post! More on that later....

Four of a kinda.

DSC05008.jpg[/img]

awesome lol

Weird how they renamed the snowman to Gorgilla!

Which doesn't really make sense, because as the denizens of this thread know, there was already a Gorgilla! Apparently on midnight mountain it was warm enough for shorts, but not so much where the other Gorgilla lives so he must really get around.

TTA12CGC.jpg

The middle book is :cloud9:

Three of a kinda

DSC05007.jpg[/img]

Four of a kinda.

DSC05008.jpg[/img]

awesome lol

Weird how they renamed the snowman to Gorgilla!

Which doesn't really make sense, because as the denizens of this thread know, there was already a Gorgilla! Apparently on midnight mountain it was warm enough for shorts, but not so much where the other Gorgilla lives so he must really get around.

TTA12CGC.jpg

Yup! Not to mention the albino factor!!