• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I have a copy of TTA 13 with an unusual stamp of some sort on the Back cover,

upper right. Anybody ever see this before ?

TTA13.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Monkey stamp. Yeah that's a common one and detracts horribly. Pm me your ask price.

If they were in a barrel I'd offer more. :foryou:

I tend to agree, detracts horribly... Wait... Guess it's too late. Had I only jumped on the band wagon a few days ago! hm

I have a 5!

I had a TTA #4 in my hands once and was considering buying it, but Mr. Wallet apparently objected. Someday.

Mr Wallet can be a party pooper. Best thing to do is get drunk first, he loosens up a lot then hm

Anybody win the TTA #1 artwork? I tried to get interested but I couldn't quite get pumped enough to spend the money. Real cool though and I really like the different look kirby gets with Chris Rule inks, especially Kirby/Rule covers

They ranged from about 1300- to 5k fortthe splash. Reasonable but a big turtle isnt quite the kirby monster oomph of later issues. I bid 1500 on a page that ended at 1500 so I guess I did almost win one but not quite

Anybody win the TTA #1 artwork? I tried to get interested but I couldn't quite get pumped enough to spend the money. Real cool though and I really like the different look kirby gets with Chris Rule inks, especially Kirby/Rule covers

+ 1........Rule inks remind me a lot of Chic Stone....who I also love on Kirby. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

So the thread about best acqusitions of 2012 gave me the idea to see what the denizens of the pre-hero thread thought were your best 5 pickups of the year (they are doing 3 in CG, that is too limiting). Mine were (in loose order):

The biggest book off my pre-hero want list this year.

ST01CGC25.jpg

So tough to find in grade, my second best pre-hero pickup of 2012 and the last book I needed for the run (thanks to marvel_runs for this beauty, plus a few others he was kind enough to sell me).

AAF08CGC.jpg

Currently my highest graded pre-hero book, picked up on eBay for around $300 less than a previous sale of this exact copy, so I was pretty happy!

TOS37CGC90.jpg

I always wanted a White Mountain pre-hero, and finally got one :cloud9::

ST96CGC.jpg

Last but not least, another eBay pickup that is fairly difficult to find in grade.

TTA02CGC.jpg

I narrowed my collecting focus during 2012 and pre-hero is more of a primary emphasis now, so I was fortunate to pick up some great books this year (I could have snuck a couple more into this list). Bronty certainly deserves a shout-out for hooking me up with an upgrade to my AA #2, and BAF has helped fuel my addiction to these books by buying a couple of my undercopies. This is one of my favorite threads to hang out in and contribute to, and I appreciate all my fellow pre-hero bretheren. Thanks again for another great year!

So let's see your favorites from 2012!