• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

Sittin' home sick, but at least I have this sweet new book to make me feel better!!

TTA79.jpg

One of my favorite covers of the early issues. Great looking copy. However, one thing has always puzzled me about this issue in particular. The monster on the cover bears no resemblance to the one in the story.

Could there have been a few different ideas they were running through for this cover and somehow put the wrong one on the book. I'm confused. Someone set me straight. :acclaim:

I have this one Florida bound right now along with several others. It's a pre-hero addiction, and I can't stop. Purchased at the Chicago Comic Con back in 87 for $25.00.

amazingadventures2001.jpg

Edited by DR.X

Sittin' home sick, but at least I have this sweet new book to make me feel better!!

TTA79.jpg

Stunning. Sorry you're sick but so is that book.

....it's always refreshing to have a 9.2 copy of one of the best PH covers sitting in a 9.0 slab.......what a beauty. Seriously, Rich.....what's bringing that down....? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks for the well wishes and the compliments! :cloud9: With regards to the grade, there's a slightly blunted LLC on the FC and some tanning on the BC. Without the tanning, its 9.2 all day long with a shot at 9.4. Also one of my favorite covers: Kirby inked by Ditko, mad scientist assembling his ominous creation on a stormy summit somewhere remote, cool brown cover and Ditko torches in the background!! (worship):headbang::banana: (thumbs u

Ditko inks on Kirby pencils! :cloud9:

TTA79.jpg

Ditko inks on Kirby pencils! :cloud9:

TTA79.jpg

Some guys like to watch girl-on-girl, I like to watch Ditko-on-Kirby.

...ink on pencils, that is!