• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,029 posts in this topic

I would guess an issue of Black Magic?

That's an excellent guess, but I believe the first comic to have both artists is Captain 3-D #1 from Harvey, 1953.

Google says its a dead heat! (both books have kirby covers so..)

http://www.oocities.org/soho/museum/7437/ditko/artist/aroldco2.html

Ah, the cover! When you said Black Magic I looked it up in Overstreet and it didn't note vol. 4, #3 as a Kirby book in the small type below. But seems to indicated it above with the prices.

According to the OSPG, Black Magic is actually before Captain 3-D, so I think you've changed my mind. (Btw, when I posed this question on the boards a few years ago, Beerbohm got it right, I thought, saying Captain 3-D.)

Cool to know, thanks.

Looks like the same seller has both a TTA #1 4.5 and a TOS #1 5.5 on ebay now.

He has a $500 starting bid on both which is about FMV on the TTA and below for the TOS.

Both would be nice upgrades for me, but I am currently sorely lacking the funds. :cry:

First off, I want to say a sincere thanks to all the contributors in this thread. I've been lurking & learning since Page 1...

I wanted to share my Edenwald twins that made the World of Fantasy "official pre-hero list".

Question: Is WOF#18 the "prototype" for the typeface-enhanced_syllable-challenged_prehero-monster_cover-names? TOS8, TTA8, JIM54 & ST73 seem to be the next victims of this ailment.

-bc

wof_18_zps058774bd.jpg

wof_19_zps81e86b68.jpg

First off, I want to say a sincere thanks to all the contributors in this thread. I've been lurking & learning since Page 1...

I wanted to share my Edenwald twins that made the World of Fantasy "official pre-hero list".

Question: Is WOF#18 the "prototype" for the typeface-enhanced_syllable-challenged_prehero-monster_cover-names? TOS8, TTA8, JIM54 & ST73 seem to be the next victims of this ailment.

-bc

]

Nice copies! Quit lurking and post more of those great comics! :headbang:

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

-bc

wof_18_zps058774bd.jpg

wof_19_zps81e86b68.jpg

Awesome! (thumbs u

Picked up a nice TTA 25 from the last CLink auction.

We have a regional grocery chain called Kroger. The creature must be reminding me to pick up a TV dinner on the way home.

-bc

tta25_zpsfa2d52c3.jpg