• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,224 posts in this topic

I have a lot of other holes to fill in the lower numbers, but it seems that I keep running across lower grade copies that just don't present very well. I've become a little more picky in my old age I guess.

I have a lot of other holes to fill in the lower numbers, but it seems that I keep running across lower grade copies that just don't present very well. I've become a little more picky in my old age I guess.

Go for it Tim! :headbang:

My nicest raw TOS from my 1-38 set...in the FN to FN/VF range...my sweet spot for this set...

FN+ to FN/VF

TALESOFSUSPENSE9FN-VF_zps9482fb59.jpg

Cracked-out 6.0

TALESOFSUSPENSE11CGC60OWW_zpsaee51dc8.jpg

Cracked-out 6.0

TALESOFSUSPENSE13CGC60OWW_zpsa95a9f6f.jpg

Cracked-out 6.0

TALESOFSUSPENSE21CGC60OWW_zpsc533598f.jpg

FN+

TALESOFSUSPENSE23FN_zps2b9f49c8.jpg

FN to FN+

TALESOFSUSPENSE24FN_zpsce58f446.jpg

Cracked-out 7.0

TALESOFSUSPENSE26CGC70OWW_zps584101f8.jpg

Cracked-out 6.0

TALESOFSUSPENSE28CGC60OWW_zps04e11124.jpg

Cracked-out 7.0

TALESOFSUSPENSE31CGC70OWW_zpsc7aacfb1.jpg

Cracked-out 6.0

TALESOFSUSPENSE32CGC60-AOWW_zps07650994.jpg

FN/VF

TALESOFSUSPENSE35FN-VF_zps82b69dfa.jpg

Oh man. Not fair :)

Particularly given that he doesn't just have these Atlas ones; he has DCs from the same period as well. He's obviously trying to corner the market on the genre - and he's succeeding!

Thanks guys. It was a long road to put together the PH collection I had envisioned and dreamed about. Definitely a labor of love, I guess.

How long have you been working on it?

???

Oh man. Not fair :)

Particularly given that he doesn't just have these Atlas ones; he has DCs from the same period as well. He's obviously trying to corner the market on the genre - and he's succeeding!

Thanks guys. It was a long road to put together the PH collection I had envisioned and dreamed about. Definitely a labor of love, I guess.

How long have you been working on it?

???

Thanks Hep.

Right after I got out of the Air Force ( 4 yrs.) in 1976, I renewed by interest in comics from my collecting days of 9 to 13 years old. Right off the bat, I started after the preheroes. Filling in gaps, upgrading and upgrading. I was aggressive in bidding on the many HG PH slabbed books that have come out in the last few years. It's been a blast and I am still as enthused as ever.

Here one of my JIM gems. When I submitted this awhile back it had the top census then that 9.2 Green River showed up :cry:.

001_zpsf2920738.jpg

Incredibly tough book in grade!! (thumbs u

...that's the first sharp copy I've ever seen that doesn't have pre Marvel chipping or tears..... NICE. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u