• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

Picked this up today.

It's actually one of those rare times when it's prettier in person than the scan.

TTA8.jpg

That's NICE Mark. The Mummy issues are always cool. Glad to see you back on the boards. Did you ever start to rebuild the FF collection or is that a closed chapter ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mine too.....I've only got a handful of my very favorites....but they're real nice. And they have a monster in every issue :) That's the way my collection is now ....favorite examples of a wide range of genres....can't afford runs anymore. I remember almost buying a high grade TTA 39 from you years ago in the CBG, but it was during my drinking days and I drank the money up. Man I wasted a lot of oppurtunities back then. GOD BLESS...

And now: Goom, the Short Bus Monster!! :insane::kidaround:

tos15.jpg

Gotta love ole "bull dozer mouth".....that's one of my top 10 favorite PHM covers....waiting for the right 7.0 to turn up. GOD BLESS...

This is one of my favorite covers. I'm surprised it didn't do better in the cover contest. I have a really nice copy of this one too. I'm dropping it off for on-site sub at Wizard Chicago with some other stuff. I'm hoping it comes back 7.5 or better. :wishluck:

O.K. I edited my post and threw a scan of it in. I know most of you guys arlready seen this book, but I figured I might as well throw it up one more time before slabbing it.

DRX

talesofsuspense15.jpg

Edited by DRX

This is one of my favorite covers. I'm surprised it didn't do better in the cover contest. I have a really nice copy of this one too. I'm dropping it off for on-site sub at Wizard Chicago with some other stuff. I'm hoping it comes back 7.5 or better. :wishluck:

O.K. I edited my post and threw a scan of it in. I know most of you guys arlready seen this book, but I figured I might as well throw it up one more time before slabbing it.

DRX

talesofsuspense15.jpg

I wouldn't bother.....just call it a 7.0 and sell it to me. GOD BLESS...

I've had that book for thirty years at least. I can remember exactly where I bought it and the price. Just wouldn't be right to let it go. It's like one of the family. :cloud9:

DRX

I love that cover. Did you guy see the Straneg Tales #95 CGC 9.4 that was on Comiclink? Looks like its been taken off already.

I did see that.. along with a 9.0 early pre hero issue, presumably from the same seller. They werent up that long and then got taken off. I wasn't going to buy them as the asking price was sky high, but they were great books and I was curious to se what thye would go for... anyone know what happened to those books?