• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

Goes to show, images from 3 of the top Str.Tales PH collections, that St 83 ranks as one of the most difficult issues in HG. No 9.0, 9.2 or 9.4's on this one.

Strangely, in my ratty PH collection, Strange Tales #83 is one of my better examples. A raw Fine/Fine +.

OK, let's try ST. # 73.

Highest CGC grade is an 8.5 (owner please contact me for immediate purchase). Truly another very difficult issue to find in HG. My copy shows very nicely, but has a very light sub. crease along about 3/4 of the middle of the front cvr. has bone white pages. Still, nicest copy I have come across in 20 years.

photo STRTALES73_zps800bcbcf.jpg

I hear you Rick its a disaster.

The scanner is brand new (recommended by others on the forum - Epson XP-600), but scanning slabs has been a challenge.

I can't seem to figure it out.

Johnny

Edited by Johnny545

Yes some more great specimans for our viewing pleasure here the last several pages... (worship)

And always nice to see the latest HG book in Hoarder Saga's collection of course... :insane::olol

I took stock of the HG census last in Jan 2012...seems to be a steady trickle of new HG copies rolling in...I'll have to update my spreadsheets and share here...will report back soon...

Tom,

I get the same impression. There seems to be a steady trickle of new HG copies. Be interesting to see that update. Never even realized that there were no high grade copies of Strange Tales 73 or 83. I've got nice copies that I figured someday I would improve upon. Didn't even realize that both were just one good press from the top. lol