• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

Picked these up at Comic Heaven's Anniversary sales today.

Couldn't pass them up at 30% off !

st_76_zpskzxuf7se.jpg

jim_70_zpsifnlyjcf.jpg

-bc

I love that ST...

It isn't an easy issue to find, especially in grade. It is also listed as a Human Torch prototype, which is pretty preposterous.

It isn't an easy issue to find, especially in grade. It is also listed as a Human Torch prototype, which is pretty preposterous.

(thumbs u

I absolutely love prototype pre-hero Marvels, no matter much of a stretch they are. But the idea of this being even remotely considered a Torch prototype really IS preposterous. CGC didn't used to notate this as a prototype based on some old label slabs. But the few from newer labels call it a Torch prototype. Have to wonder what made them start labeling it as such.

I had to leave Chicago on Saturday to drive back, so I didn't get my onsite books from WW until this past weekend when I could pick them up from my brother. I was very happy with how they graded out, and they'll all be very long term keepers.

JIM #72 purchased raw from Rick Starr:

JIM72CGC.jpg

Strange Tales #83 and 88 purchased raw from KirbyJack:

ST83CGC80.jpg

ST88.jpg

I had to leave Chicago on Saturday to drive back, so I didn't get my onsite books from WW until this past weekend when I could pick them up from my brother. I was very happy with how they graded out, and they'll all be very long term keepers.

JIM72CGC.jpg

ST83CGC80.jpg

ST88.jpg

:golfclap:

JIM72CGC.jpg

ST83CGC80.jpg

ST88.jpg

:headbang: Those rock ! Congratz on the keepers !

-bc

Where does it hit in the census?

I think the #83 is one of three 8.0s now, second highest behind only an 8.5, if my memory is correct. It's a tough book. I really appreciate you selling them there so I could add it to my collection.

September is my "back to slabs" month which started with snagging some Shagg from Clink :

jim59_zps0n3pt6qw.jpg

This was the first PHM cover I could find that features both Kirby & Ditko, at least according to the GCD. Also my first "new" slab design so I'm very anxious to see it in hand.

-bc

September is my "back to slabs" month which started with snagging some Shagg from Clink :

jim59_zps0n3pt6qw.jpg

This was the first PHM cover I could find that features both Kirby & Ditko, at least according to the GCD. Also my first "new" slab design so I'm very anxious to see it in hand.

-bc

:applause: It's always a good day when you can snag a little Shagg.

The new cases are sturdy and clear, which are both improvements. Your new addition appears to be an "old new" case, which means it is sans inner well. You'll just need to call CGC and request a reholder for it. This should be completely free to you. Shipping will be free both ways, you'll be refunded the cost of shipping to them (I just reholdered a JIM #1 this way).