• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

surprised no one is talking about Marvel Monsters coming in 2017 and the resurrection of some of our favorite 10 story tall monsters! I am looking forward to the series and made me start adding to my collection. You never know what marvel has in store for some of these classic monsters.

Is this a new comic series? I don't follow moderns, so it would have slipped past me.

Orrgo (Strange Tales #90) has been appearing in some of the SHIELD comics and I don't think that has caused any price increases.

Yes new marvel series starting in January of 2017, big reveal at NYCC

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/16/monsters-unleashed-marvel-crossover

Oh wow. Something new that sounds cool and a good idea??? This is not the Marvel I have come to know.

If it ended up being cool and a good idea, I'd agree that it is not the Marvel we have come to know. I am anticipating that this series will be neither cool, nor a good idea.

surprised no one is talking about Marvel Monsters coming in 2017 and the resurrection of some of our favorite 10 story tall monsters! I am looking forward to the series and made me start adding to my collection. You never know what marvel has in store for some of these classic monsters.

Is this a new comic series? I don't follow moderns, so it would have slipped past me.

Orrgo (Strange Tales #90) has been appearing in some of the SHIELD comics and I don't think that has caused any price increases.

Yes new marvel series starting in January of 2017, big reveal at NYCC

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/16/monsters-unleashed-marvel-crossover

Oh wow. Something new that sounds cool and a good idea??? This is not the Marvel I have come to know.

If it ended up being cool and a good idea, I'd agree that it is not the Marvel we have come to know. I am anticipating that this series will be neither cool, nor a good idea.

lol We can hope for the best. But I agree, the track record makes me think this will be a flop. They have to start getting people in charge who know what the fans wanna see, and make it cool. I don't remember the last time I bought a new comic. Kinda sad really.

Is this Marvel jumping the Titano?

Are they going to make Sserpo a transgender, Hydra sympathizer who self-identifies as a daughter of Moomba? (I am not judging or condemning any of those things btw).

The whole fun of the PHM books were that they didn't have superheroes, just semi-normal people, who through a quirky plot line, managed to survive and learn a lesson or two. Big monsters with big splash pages helped fill the space for all those 5 page stories they cranked out on a monthly basis.

What's next from the House of Ideas - the Incredible Hulk and Ant-man caught in a love triangle with Millie....? Two Gun Kid joins Guardians of the Galaxy in a Star Wars cross-over fiesta with 87 variant covers?

Glad it will draw attention to the genre I enjoy, but with their recent track record, probably be buying these from the $1 box in a year (unless they make a movie series)....

-bc

ps - comicdey: I'd actually be more interested in a coffee table book of updated pin-ups of all the classic PHM monster splash pages :)

I for one am excited, yes I agree I don't care for any current marvel stuff but when it brings attention to some of my favorite classics I always think that is a positive for the hobby. The trend lately is when marvel resurrects a character they have greater plans for them in some sort of way in addition to comics.

I will only be buying the oversized trade collection to see interpretations of these characters. For not growing up with these books it peaks interest in collectors like me so I will have to track down some of the atlas marvel masterwork books to do some reading as well.

P.S. can anyone pick out which characters are used in the solicitation besides Groot, Fin Fang Foom, Devil Dinosaur? Is that Goom or Googam in lower left?

Edited by 1p36DSA

P.S. can anyone pick out which characters are used in the solicitation besides Groot, Fin Fang Foom, Devil Dinosaur? Is that Goom or Googam in lower left?

I think it's Goom in the lower right and Grottu in the lower left (purple bug thing).

Not sure if the upper left is Colossus, Groot or Thorr (or anyone of the stone men/Easter Island types).

Upper center maybe Monstrollo or Gorgilla? Then Fin Fang Foom (upper right) , Devil Dinosaur (right center).

Just guesses,

-bc

Think Blip and Goom, Abominable Snowman and Grottu are in back row.

Vandoom and Orrgo in next row

Broccoli-head, Googam and no idea on the one eyed thing in next row

Colossus or Rommbu and Groot on bottom

TOS_14_zpszzvsze8c.jpg

TTA_19_zps58fnwmk5.jpg

-bc

Edited by bc

Thanks!

Since my camera skills are poor when it comes to group shots, put together a Vault 2016 compilation :

PHM_Group_Shot_10_16_v4_zps7jglzdbn.jpg

Went from 34 issues same time last year to 66 this year - the small game hunt continues :)

-bc