• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

I needed Strange Tales #60 and 62 forever, someone listed a 4 issue lot on eBay where I landed both issues, waiting for it to arrive.  The #60 looked ok, the #62 looked rough, but to get both, it was worth it. Still looking for a World of Fantasy #9. :headbang:

that was you?I saw I missed that!Nice one Frankie!

10 hours ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

Yeah my man. I needed Strange Tales #60 and 62 so long, that when I saw both issues in one lot, I jumped. Hope that the #60 is at least kinda nice. :wishluck:  Just need two more comics for the Implosion up to 1980 from Marvel:headbang:

You are a machine ! Go man go !

-bc

On 6/16/2017 at 7:59 PM, bc said:

Know many of you are following the Berk collection being auctioned off on ComicConnect - super excited to snag these PHMs from his collection :cloud9:

-bc

tos_1.jpg

tos_2.jpg

tos_27.jpg

You lucky dog ! TOS 1 and 2 are all time greats ! those comics will surly increase in value over the years , !! great pick ups !!!

4 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Just had to open the can of worms, didn't I?

Just overpaid for this...

s-l1600.jpg

ummm, congrats on the overpayment (:

Great alien cover !

-bc

Saw this on eBay a few weeks before the Berk auction but wanted to save funds and just put it on the watch list and checked it every few days.

The weekend after the Berk auction, I checked again and it was gone. Was sort of bummed since it was one of the few books I need to complete that title. Been kickin' myself for not pulling the trigger since I know how tough it is to find PHMs in VF or better.

I was looking at the original listing this afternoon (thanks for the subliminal message kirbyjack) and noticed that it was thru a major internet dealer and decided to check their site (not their ebay store) and lo and behold - there it was ! As a bonus, it was 10% off the eBay price.

So I pulled the trigger...

-bc

tos_28.jpg

4 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Win! Cool to find that reduced price. 

Looking at that cover, I'm not sure I ever noticed that it's another Kirby Easter Island homage!   :banana:

PHM; the books just keep on entertaining!

He really did dig that Easter Island..I can think of four covers off the top!

19 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

He really did dig that Easter Island..I can think of four covers off the top!

ok, I'll play along. Here's another PHM example. Know there are several earlier DC covers, but don't collect those.

-bc

tta_16_cropped.jpg