• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

And TTA five,also House of Mystery 85.

Can't get pics now,effin photobucket.

:sorry:   don't have a TTA 5....yet....

-bc

17 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

So we have Astonish 5, 16, HoM 85, Suspense 28, the Stone Men from JIM 83, and I guess Super Powers v2 #3.

What else?

I think there's another SA DC,but could be wrong.Didn't know of the Super Powers.

In an effort to support local conventions, took the hour drive to the All Americon in Youngstown, OH today. Pleasantly surprised by the quantity of comic dealers and seeing some new inventory.

Filled some holes in the raw Strange Tales run - and yes that is another #60 :headbang:

I asked at every dealer for a World of Fantasy #9 for you *Bronze age fan* but didn't find one :(

-bc

strange_tales_7_8_17.jpg

Edited by bc
wrong b.a.f.

Got my Berk books today and while I was putting them in the Vault, decided to see which issue was the first with the "MC" box on the cover. Buzzetta's thread about publishing companies and Marwood's about the pence copies/indicia differences got me wondering...

First book with the "MC" logo on the cover was :

jim69.jpg

You have to look closely below the "JUNE" box to see a much smaller than normal version of "MC".

ST86, TOS19, TTA21 and AA3 were next in that order.

This was probably covered 400 pages back but couldn't remember.

-bc

Edited by bc
add text under pic & general grammar failures

1 minute ago, mysterio said:

Sweet book, bc!

I haven't been on much lately, but did want to show these off now that they are actually in my possession. Can't remember if I showed you guys the JIMs or not...

IMG_7303.JPG

Sa-weet JIMs  :headbang:

Like your pick on the TTA 10 !

-bc

TTA_10.jpg

1 minute ago, bc said:
6 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Sweet book, bc!

I haven't been on much lately, but did want to show these off now that they are actually in my possession. Can't remember if I showed you guys the JIMs or not...

IMG_7303.JPG

Sa-weet JIMs  :headbang:

Like your pick on the TTA 10 !

-bc

TTA_10.jpg

I remember that one, I was one of the underbidders towards the middle of the pack. Found this one on the boards maybe 6 weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I remember that one, I was one of the underbidders towards the middle of the pack. Found this one on the boards maybe 6 weeks ago.

Hopefully your patience paid off and you got a better deal 2 years later !!! :)

-bc

16 minutes ago, mysterio said:

I thought it was worth it. TTA #10 is not an easy book to find, let alone in grade.

So true - other than a 9.2 that went for $3,600 in May 2016, haven't seen much of a chance to upgrade.

-bc

23 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Nice stuff, mysterio! 

I once owned a JIM 16. Bought it because it was on the wall at the shop for ever, and it was cheap. 

This town used to consider Atlas horror to be a nuisance

Atlas had one of the most prolific horror bullpens-comparable to even EC : Ayers, Briefer, Colan, Colletta,Crandall, Ditko, Drucker, Everett, Fox, Heath, Infantino, Katz, Krigstein, Maneely, Powell, Romita Sr, Sinnott, Williamson & Wolverton and others I can't think of right now...

My earliest JIM :

jim_2.jpg

14 hours ago, bc said:

Atlas had one of the most prolific horror bullpens-comparable to even EC : Ayers, Briefer, Colan, Colletta,Crandall, Ditko, Drucker, Everett, Fox, Heath, Infantino, Katz, Krigstein, Maneely, Powell, Romita Sr, Sinnott, Williamson & Wolverton and others I can't think of right now...

My earliest JIM :

jim_2.jpg

Great book! I see a lot fewer single digit JIMs than I do STs, and I've always wondered why this is. I've got my keeper #1, and a low grade #7 and #9 (recently sold a seriously beater #8), otherwise the two slabs I showed above are now my earliest. Meanwhile, in ST I've got #1-5, 7 and 10. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Edited by mysterio