• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jayhawker said:
6 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

Many moons ago, I had the Bethlehem copy of that book. Wish I still had it :sorry:

RADC89A72008131_112821.jpg

Why was that book only a 6.0 ?

Marnin had the book raw on his old and dearly missed website ….. he bought it after someone had attempted a press that went awry, putting a hard crease down the spine of the back cover, IIRC …. he had it for sale raw @ $ 85 ….. I kept thinking about getting it but hemmed and hawed for too long. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

40 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Hmm...That shirt appears to be all Ditko…:taptaptap:

Knowing Lewis, it very well may be. He had originally had one special made for his own use but kept getting asked about them at cons, so he had a few extras made. My favorite one of the bunch hasn't been shown much... it features vintage 1950's and 1960's SF Paperback covers.... it's wild.  There's another with AF 15 and IIRC, also features the OA from his trip to the Library of Congress to see the art in person. GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:
1 hour ago, mysterio said:

I vote that this esteemed group of pre-hero aficionados commission a Hawaiian shirt featuring a selection of favorite covers. 

Seconded.

We can all wear them to shows as a badge of membership in this particular fraternity of obsessiveness. 

9 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Been a long time since added a book to the MT run, so was very happy to get a pair from Metro

I have been building this set on a budget plan, just stealthily picking up a book or 2 here and there for many years  Long considered this an under-appreciated run, so I am always happy to add books. Still a long way off, but thought the group shot looks nice. Sorry for the glare.

BAA4BF27-3C5E-4D39-8CB5-A611CAEAE883.jpeg

27E28274-9196-480A-A8BE-F05F5484F868.jpeg

Great books and group shot! MT is a title I mean to work on and never get around to. I upgraded my #93 in 2018 and am sending my #97 (purchased back in about 2014) off to CGC shortly, but otherwise haven’t chipped away at this title much. 

I know that I've posted this 7.0 American edition here before, but it's the Mexican edition that I recently purchased which has me posting it again for comparison. I am also posting inside front & back cover pics plus the centerfold pic. Looking through copies from other countries is like being in an old, familiar house …. and discovering a room you didn't know about!! 

JIM 82 7.0 ow-w.jpg

My Mexican Journey into Mystery 82 front.jpg

My Mexican Journey into Mystery 82 splash inside cover.jpg

My Mexican Journey into Mystery 82 centerfold.jpg

My Mexican Journey into Mystery 82 inside back cover.jpg