• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
17 17

15,038 posts in this topic

That's the same book. Comic Book World had it for about 16 months before I bought it.

I bought this one raw from the same collection.

TOS0190.jpg

(worship) I'm getting a warm, fuzzy feeling knowing I at least held that book in my hands. Nice!!

DRX

lol I can love a beater without being afraid the cat might decide to pounce on me. Reading it would be like wearing your dress shoes to walk in a cow pasture! I might make it through just fine...or might not!

This is the second. I don't know if there is another TTA or TOS pre-hero graded this high. It had just sat around unloved for too long. It does mean I've got a nice 9.0 I can part with. :baiting:

TTA1696001.jpg

Sweet Christmas!!!! (worship) (worship) It'll be in great company (thumbs u

This is the second. I don't know if there is another TTA or TOS pre-hero graded this high. It had just sat around unloved for too long. It does mean I've got a nice 9.0 I can part with. :baiting:

TTA1696001.jpg

Superb copy!!! :cloud9:

I wonder if any of AS's WM copies would get a 9.6. I know there have been a couple WM graded 9.4 TTA 13,15 and 19. And a JIM 62.
I suspect that a few would.

This is an outstanding "lonely mad scientist" cover. Don't know why, but I'm sucker for that kind of thing.

tta_07.jpg

Sweet copies!

The ST 85 is one I rarely see in nice shape.
:whistle:

ST_85.jpg

WOW...Your 85 is so pretty it looks cropped, but it isn't ! That's an amazing copy....I'd seen a small glimpse in your group shot but this is the first time "up close". It would certainly dethrone the two 9.0's at the top certified. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I love seeing comics Mr. Adamstrange post's, it's so nice to know there are these uber high grade, deep color, glossy beauties lurking in raw state. Sure beats the Plasticfantastics :grin: (thumbs u

Sweet copies!

The ST 85 is one I rarely see in nice shape.
:whistle:

ST_85.jpg

WOW...Your 85 is so pretty it looks cropped, but it isn't ! That's an amazing copy....I'd seen a small glimpse in your group shot but this is the first time "up close". It would certainly dethrone the two 9.0's at the top certified. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I thought it was cropped as well and had to talk a second look even though only a handful of my scans are cropped -- ones from 5 or more years ago. But it's just that nice and easily a 9.4 and possibly a 9.6. What I really like is that, like most of my WMs, the book looks like it was just pulled off the press.

Man, what great books you guys are posting. :golfclap:

Here are a few more that I picked up from the Connect (Metro) auction last month.

TOS 24

This one has been on my upgrade list for at least 15 + years. Finally snagged a nicer copy.

TOS 38

Since this issue is a post-code, I thought I'd post it. The other precode ST's I'll post on the Atlas thread. This issue number is almost "impossible" in HG. A Maneely masterpiece of a cover.

STR TALES 40

Those look absolutely gorgeous, Rick! Are you pleased with the grading now that you've seen them in person.

BTW, love that Maneely mermaid! There is a nice River City copy of it, though not necessarily as nice as yours.

ST40.jpg