• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013 (unofficial-official thread)...

148 posts in this topic

...or Monkey Paw or Karl Strauss. Or take the ferry over to Coronado Brewing. :)

[font:Times New Roman]Karl Strauss is excellent. We dined and imbibed there a couple of years ago; highly recommended.

Here is another of our favorites: Downtown Johnny Brown's. in many ways it reminds me of a British free house in that there's a constant rotation of brews offered.[/font]

20130717_132347_zps63879262.jpg

20130717_133018_zpsbaf3f21b.jpg

20130717_133010_zps875c9cda.jpg

20130717_133028_zps838e78b3.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Next up, ...the convention!!![/font]

This is the first time in ten years I won't be there. :cry:

Senormac-Oakman-Norm-Cliff.jpg

Hey Norm, don't cha think its about time for you to get moving, so you don't miss that comic book thing ?

This is the first time in ten years I won't be there. :cry:

Senormac-Oakman-Norm-Cliff.jpg

Hey Norm, don't cha think its about time for you to get moving, so you don't miss that comic book thing ?

I'ma........... hm Sam two more. (thumbs u

I miss San Diego... :(

Ditto, gotta go back to this show. More pics please.

I've never been to SDCC... San Diego in of itself was a great place to visit.

I miss San Diego... :(

Ditto, gotta go back to this show. More pics please.

These are from Preview night. Sorry 'bout the fuzzy quality of shaky-cam images from the dealer's room floor. Between the crowds and rushing around to visit friends I only managed to take a few shots. Thursday will be better, promise.

Approaching the convention center...

20130717_161055_zpsbbbb8ebd.jpg

The Pro pre-reg. line... :cry:

20130717_161749_zps09edf942.jpg

The Preview Night pro-line... :o

20130717_172040_zps07d1a0f8.jpg

Finally made it to the Dealer's Room... :whee:

20130717_175153_zps96a10b23.jpg

20130717_184328_zpsddeedb4e.jpg

Alas, the only shots that didn't come out too fuzzy were Frank (Metropolis) and Gator (Bunky Brother in training)... :sorry:

I'll get better Wall shots on Thursday as well as my first comic purchase of the con (thanks to MrBedrock). (thumbs u

Fans leaving Preview night with booty...

20130717_193731_zpsc8f0ae0c.jpg

I know this report is hardly adequate, but MOAR will be coming as the saga continues! :D

. . .

I know this report is hardly adequate, but MOAR will be coming as the saga continues! :D

Sometimes LES is MOAR. :gossip: changing landscape to portrait would be appreciated. (thumbs u

. . .

Sometimes LES is MOAR. :gossip: changing landscape to portrait would be appreciated. (thumbs u

[font:Times New Roman]Sorry, I didn't realize that there was a sizing issue. I've been uploading all images from my phone to Photobucket and checking the results on my IPad.[/font] :blush:

. . .

[font:Times New Roman]Sorry, I didn't realize that there was a sizing issue. I've been uploading all images from my phone to Photobucket and checking the results on my IPad.[/font] :blush:

The beer photos look awesome! :banana:

Slash was at the show today with his wife Perla. My girls got a pic of them at the Warner Brothers booth.

Anybody hear anything about a Metallica concert tomorrow? Heard a rumor that they are playing and Slash might show up, although he has a concert tomorrow in the Midwest so I'm not sure how that can happen.

hm

Haven't heard about the Metallica concert, but I did manage to capture several of SDCC's rock stars Thursday. Without further adieu...

20130718_165654_zps86d48ef0.jpg

20130718_161005_zpse1fc6ca6.jpg

20130718_165446_zps0bbc2124.jpg

...and as promised, here is my Premier night comic acquisition (sorry about the image quality, but I'll reshoot and edit this later)

20130718_133610_zps120c03b3.jpg

I'll be taking more shots of comics, dealers and events on Friday, and yes costumes, as time allows. MOAR later! :D

Round up of some of the better Cosplay so far:

Darth Vader :luhv: :

SDCC+2013+Cosplay+029.JPG

Loki (?):

SDCC+2013+Cosplay+025.JPG

Mortal Kombat:

dsc_6432.jpg

WW:

dsc_6431.jpg

Old Faithful:

i-Trk8GKV-L.jpg

Walking Dead: