• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet 43 out tomorrow. Predictions?

111 posts in this topic

Apart from the value I find in using it to price stuff I buy and sell, I converted an old spinner rack (which fits pulp-sized paperbacks) into a rack for all my Overstreet Price Guides (also have my Underground Price Guide in it). I used a topper from an old comic spinner so it's definitely something I look forward to filling-up with old and newly released price guides.

It is currently available at SDCC and through their partnership w/Graham Cracker Comics. I've seen copies at the cons following San Diego at the HERO booth.

Cover by Terry Moore

Got it, and it even has a Wonder Woman cover, thanks!

I own mostly raw books, so GPA is not terribly relevant for me...and I like the artist references seeing which series changed names, etc. The prices are helpful, not perfect, but helpful. ...besides, I love real BOOKS...

So, I'm happy to buy one . I know the pricing is not so up to date, but I usually use eBay for that anyway, and Heritage, etc. It's just a guide...not a bible, so it's fine.

If I collected moderns and not older books, it might be different.

i don't have last year's copy to compare but it seems like they've attempted to keep up a bit with the few modern titles i checked:

Saga #1 NM- $50

TWD #1 NM- $800

Chew #1 NM- $200

Did they do it with recent crazes like Marvel Super-Heroes #18, Marvel Preview #7 and the like as well?

Yes, I did order the paperback. I've never had a hardback copy. The paperback seems to hold up fine over the course of the year.

I agree that the paperbacks hold up for most people's use.

However, the hardcover is only $5 more and has the big advantage for some of being sturdy enough to lie flat. Necessary for me.

Those are 9.2 top of guide. Honestly, there are a fair amount of books I'd easily pay full guide or more for as many copies as possible.

Yes, I did order the paperback. I've never had a hardback copy. The paperback seems to hold up fine over the course of the year.

I agree that the paperbacks hold up for most people's use.

However, the hardcover is only $5 more and has the big advantage for some of being sturdy enough to lie flat. Necessary for me.

My '11 paperback completely fell to pieces.

Picked up the X-Men hardback today but wasn't crazy about either of the covers

I buy it every year. Just did the pre-order on Amazon. Granted their prices are not always reflective of the market, but a surprising number of books go on a little run and then float back to the Overstreet level.

Try checking the results from a Heritage GA auction against Overstreet some time. There is some divergence here and there, but a substantial majority of prices are pretty close to Overstreet.

I usually buy mine on the boards, but didn't see anyone selling them this year. Where is the "Amazon" pesell? I'm not getting that when I do a search, unless it's for the paperback.

I always try to get the hardcover for better durability.

It is currently available at SDCC and through their partnership w/Graham Cracker Comics. I've seen copies at the cons following San Diego at the HERO booth.

Cover by Terry Moore

Got it, and it even has a Wonder Woman cover, thanks!

I own mostly raw books, so GPA is not terribly relevant for me...and I like the artist references seeing which series changed names, etc. The prices are helpful, not perfect, but helpful. ...besides, I love real BOOKS...

So, I'm happy to buy one . I know the pricing is not so up to date, but I usually use eBay for that anyway, and Heritage, etc. It's just a guide...not a bible, so it's fine.

If I collected moderns and not older books, it might be different.

Great! I'll order the X-men HC from Graham Crackers tonight then.

I buy it every year. Just did the pre-order on Amazon. Granted their prices are not always reflective of the market, but a surprising number of books go on a little run and then float back to the Overstreet level.

Try checking the results from a Heritage GA auction against Overstreet some time. There is some divergence here and there, but a substantial majority of prices are pretty close to Overstreet.

I usually buy mine on the boards, but didn't see anyone selling them this year. Where is the "Amazon" pesell? I'm not getting that when I do a search, unless it's for the paperback.

I always try to get the hardcover for better durability.

For only another $5, I'll have to give the hardcover a try next year.

So, can anyone tell me the difference in pricing/data etc between the Overstreet standard and the Overstreet Dealer's guide?

Standard: http://gemstonepub.com/p/111541/the-overstreet-comic-book-price-guide-43-superman-hc

Dealers: http://gemstonepub.com/p/111540/the-big-big-overstreet-comic-book-price-guide-43

They state that the dealers, or "Big Big", version has no articles, no adverts etc, just data.

But both claim to have data sets for over 300,000 comics. So.... what's to gain from the Big Big one that's not in the normal? I'm actually interested in the articles, so I figure my choice is already made... but this is just for interests sake.

FYI you can download the digital version from Heritage

You know, they sent me the links and I could not get the download to work.

:shrug:

So, can anyone tell me the difference in pricing/data etc between the Overstreet standard and the Overstreet Dealer's guide?

Standard: http://gemstonepub.com/p/111541/the-overstreet-comic-book-price-guide-43-superman-hc

Dealers: http://gemstonepub.com/p/111540/the-big-big-overstreet-comic-book-price-guide-43

They state that the dealers, or "Big Big", version has no articles, no adverts etc, just data.

But both claim to have data sets for over 300,000 comics. So.... what's to gain from the Big Big one that's not in the normal? I'm actually interested in the articles, so I figure my choice is already made... but this is just for interests sake.

It's bigger and the print is bigger so it's easier to read. And it's spiral bound so it lays flat no matter what page you have it opened to. It's for people who are pricing up large quantities of books. Makes things easier.