• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet 43 out tomorrow. Predictions?

111 posts in this topic

So, can anyone tell me the difference in pricing/data etc between the Overstreet standard and the Overstreet Dealer's guide?

Standard: http://gemstonepub.com/p/111541/the-overstreet-comic-book-price-guide-43-superman-hc

Dealers: http://gemstonepub.com/p/111540/the-big-big-overstreet-comic-book-price-guide-43

They state that the dealers, or "Big Big", version has no articles, no adverts etc, just data.

But both claim to have data sets for over 300,000 comics. So.... what's to gain from the Big Big one that's not in the normal? I'm actually interested in the articles, so I figure my choice is already made... but this is just for interests sake.

It's bigger and the print is bigger so it's easier to read. And it's spiral bound so it lays flat no matter what page you have it opened to. It's for people who are pricing up large quantities of books. Makes things easier.

That sounds like what I need - big type :preach:

Bought the X-Men hardcover version yesterday at my LCS at 20% off discount (They always have a store-wide summer sale). Checked the Top 20 SA chart and was obviously glad to see JIM#83's performance. Also, both SC#22 and TTA#27 did equally as well. Nice owning all three of those books! :cloud9:

Reading the market reports now .....

Bought the X-Men hardcover version yesterday at my LCS at 20% off discount (They always have a store-wide summer sale). Reading the market reports now .....

What's the general consensus of the reports? I know that's not susceptible to a quick response, but bullet point summaries would be great!

Does this year's edition list Silver Samurai's 1st appearance (DD #111) ?

Yes and it's $40 in 9.2

And the 90-day GPA average on a 9.2 DD 111 is $202. :gossip:

The 90-day GPA average on a slabbed DD 111 is $202.

Yes and it's $40 in 9.2

Yes, and? Are you saying that but for the slabbing fees and costs, the difference between Overstreet and GPA on a DD 111 in 9.2 is negligible?

Yes and it's $40 in 9.2

My prediction: people will continue to forget that GPA is only for slabbed books and Overstreet is only for raw books.

My prediction: people will continue to forget that GPA is only for slabbed books and Overstreet is only for raw books.

My prediction: people will continue to forget that experienced sellers will continue to list their quality raw material at current GPA pricing (or close thereto).

Yes and it's $40 in 9.2

What was the 2012 average? Think that should be more in line. I would think the 90 day average would be inflated by the nearing release of the movie.

Yes and it's $40 in 9.2

Yes, and? Are you saying that but for the slabbing fees and costs, the difference between Overstreet and GPA on a DD 111 in 9.2 is negligible?

While $202 was the GPA value for a slabbed copy. I've easily sold raw 8.5 for over a $100 in past 6 months. Wolverine movie has fueled a lot of demand, but its also been overlooked in general for some time.