• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have much experience with 'THE' House of Comics?

393 posts in this topic

document every conversation with him/them, make copies of all your invoices and receipts, take pictures of the comics and the packaging, print out some type of established comic reference that can accurately show the difference between the real and re-print. Print out grading references that show how comics are graded (including 'restoration'). This will make it all faster when you to give all the information to law enforcement and/or attorneys. You may also want to look up the legal statutes and violations involved.

wear a suit to the trial, do not get any more face/neck tattoos between now and the trial.

So their site is pretty great and they offer a lot at good prices. I just placed my first order through them and I was really excited. I ordered a IH 181 at a good price. I should have known it was too good to be true. I received a cobbled together IH 181 reprint that doesnt match the online picts. The cover looks like it was from the 1985 reprint - though it was glossy, it had the telltale black box around it, the back cover was from some silver age comic. The whole thing was stapled together. It was a bit of a mess.

Now in fairness, I wrote Thomas Neeley and haven't heard back yet so I'm hoping it was just a shipping error. He also included a GSX1 German reprint - I think because I was telling him I just picked up an orig GSX1.

I'm not criticising them at this point, just curious to hear other's experiences.

https://www.thehouseofcomics.com/

How did you pay? If anything other than Western Union, contact that institution and initiate a chargeback immediately. It is pretty straightforward.

Paid through their amazon system and my Amex card. Trying to get photos uploaded now.

I would *love* to see what was sent.

Same here :popcorn:

Paid through their amazon system and my Amex card. Trying to get photos uploaded now.

popcorn_yes.gif

popcorn_yes.gif

I just realized, while I don't post often I have been here seven years and that is the first time I have ever used the popcorn emoticon :o

Now, can we see that darn comic Thehouseofcomics.com sent :sumo:

.__351_480_IH181.jpg

Only the first link works. The other three are 404 errors. The first one is enough to show it's quite ugly.

Looks minty fresh to me. What's the complaint?

.__351_480_IH181.jpg

Only the first link works. The other three are 404 errors. The first one is enough to show it's quite ugly.

Looks minty fresh to me. What's the complaint?

It's neither a pedigree nor a Signature Series. It's trash. :jokealert: