• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have much experience with 'THE' House of Comics?

393 posts in this topic

You got taken. You should have done your research on here first. They got another poor soul.

Unfortunately, there's not much information about there on Google - despite the efforts of everyone on the message boards.

Perhaps at this point, people should probably enter in their opinions on Yelp for The House Of Comics. At least that will have a better chance of showing up in the results.

If anyone has a street address for The House of Comics (not PO Box) it should probably be added to Google Maps, to allow people to conduct reviews on it.

Proof that $1.95 domains at GoDaddy are not a good thing.

Correctamundo. If everyone who makes a The House Of Comics meme would lambaste them on Yelp, it'd be way more helpful.

You got taken. You should have done your research on here first. They got another poor soul.

Unfortunately, there's not much information about there on Google - despite the efforts of everyone on the message boards.

Perhaps at this point, people should probably enter in their opinions on Yelp for The House Of Comics. At least that will have a better chance of showing up in the results.

If anyone has a street address for The House of Comics (not PO Box) it should probably be added to Google Maps, to allow people to conduct reviews on it.

Proof that $1.95 domains at GoDaddy are not a good thing.

Correctamundo. If everyone who makes a The House Of Comics meme would lambaste them on Yelp, it'd be way more helpful.

Link please to this yelpish thing

.__351_480_IH181.jpg

.__322_480_IH1812.jpg

.__360_480_IH1813.JPG

.__360_480_IH1814.JPG

Hope this works

HERE WE GO!!!!!

I honestly didn't think the Neeley's could sink any lower. Seems I was wrong.

OMG! Sorry man. These peeps are truly the scum of the Earth.

Part of me wants to believe that they are truly so ignorant that they don't realize this is not the kind of thing that collectors pay big money for. Part of me imagines them saying "it's the same thing" about this kind of mess the OP is showing us. That part of me is an annoying gnat buzzing around my common sense, which is telling me it's as simple-minded and under-handed as it appears. :(

So their site is pretty great and they offer a lot at good prices. I just placed my first order through them and I was really excited. I ordered a IH 181 at a good price. I should have known it was too good to be true. I received a cobbled together IH 181 reprint that doesnt match the online picts. The cover looks like it was from the 1985 reprint - though it was glossy, it had the telltale black box around it, the back cover was from some silver age comic. The whole thing was stapled together. It was a bit of a mess.

Now in fairness, I wrote Thomas Neeley and haven't heard back yet so I'm hoping it was just a shipping error. He also included a GSX1 German reprint - I think because I was telling him I just picked up an orig GSX1.

I'm not criticising them at this point, just curious to hear other's experiences.

https://www.thehouseofcomics.com/

It's a joke right?

Also, I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt. It sounded like his wife did a bunch of the orders. She sounded clueless. I was hoping it was her mistake. Oh well.

Uhh huh...She's clueless.

Done, thanks for that Jimmy.

No joke. I guess I'm a dips. I wish it was a joke. I got screwed over. Man, I wish this was less of a 'you ' thread.

you'd have to stay on the boards 24/ 7 to not risk starting a thread and having it turn into this.

Everyone gets burned at one point or another, I'm positive you can get your money back through your credit card company! (thumbs u

Done, thanks for that Jimmy.

No joke. I guess I'm a dips. I wish it was a joke. I got screwed over. Man, I wish this was less of a 'you ' thread.

you'd have to stay on the boards 24/ 7 to not risk starting a thread and having it turn into this.

Everyone gets burned at one point or another, I'm positive you can get your money back through your credit card company! (thumbs u

I was hoping it was a joke. Sucks someone else got burned. If only there were some way to put a fat banner across their site reading "SCAMMERS!! RUN AWAY!!!!"