• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have much experience with 'THE' House of Comics?

393 posts in this topic

So these guys don't have a physical walk in store correct?

Internet only?

I don't think anyone could just "walk in" to that place. Maybe some of the experts on Hoards have developed the skills required...

Internet only?

I don't think anyone could just "walk in" to that place. Maybe some of the experts on Hoards have developed the skills required...

Oh, you could. You'd need one of these:

hazmat-training-suit-3wjl2_aw99.jpg

Internet only?

Oh, you could. You'd need one of these:

hazmat-training-suit-3wjl2_aw99.jpg

lol Going in and out of that place would be like the beginning of 12 Monkeys.

.__351_480_IH181.jpg

.__322_480_IH1812.jpg

.__360_480_IH1813.JPG

.__360_480_IH1814.JPG

Hope this works

HERE WE GO!!!!!

I honestly didn't think the Neeley's could sink any lower. Seems I was wrong.

OMG! Sorry man. These peeps are truly the scum of the Earth.

Part of me wants to believe that they are truly so ignorant that they don't realize this is not the kind of thing that collectors pay big money for. Part of me imagines them saying "it's the same thing" about this kind of mess the OP is showing us. That part of me is an annoying gnat buzzing around my common sense, which is telling me it's as simple-minded and under-handed as it appears. :(

I feel bad for the OP getting scammed. :(

However, I wouldn't mind seeing the reactions of CGC graders when this landed on their desk to be graded.

Internet only?

Only two groups of people have been to that store...

The police and child protective services.

Yeah, I said it.

I feel awful for Marc at the "good" House of Comics.

He might have to change his name and site when all this is said and done. :(

I would imagine he could file some type of suit against them because of the damage they've done to his business.

No different than if someone started some scam site called "The Comic Link" or "The Mile High Comics."

It's McDowell's, not McDonald's.

I would imagine he could file some type of suit against them because of the damage they've done to his business.

No different than if someone started some scam site called "The Comic Link" or "The Mile High Comics."

You have to remember that the younger generation has no idea what you are talking about.

Paid through their amazon system and my Amex card. Trying to get photos uploaded now.

Cancel the item immediately with your AMEX and feel free to contact me - I'll give you my CC case number and the associated details (THOC in Monroe NC).

And the saga continues....

You have to remember that the younger generation has no idea what you are talking about.

This happens to me all the time. Especially when I see a real skinny girl and say she looks like Skeletor, and needs to eat. Younger people just look at me and say "who??". doh!

Wow, I thought this was the start of a weekend joke thread but by the end realized it is most likely real. Feel bad for the OP but this is getting out of hand. I wonder how many people have had this happen that are not on this board and just average collectors. A lot of us on this board have a bit more disposable income than the average joe and can absorb a hit like this but not everyone can. I feel bad for some poor guy/girl out there that has been saving a long long time to buy their dream comic or spouse's dream comic just to have this happen to them. Very frustrating.