• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have much experience with 'THE' House of Comics?

393 posts in this topic

Only BOB S is available for the "useful" tag the rest of the reviews are filtered.

What do you mean by filtered?

I liked that guy Buzzett A's review.

They are hidden. You have to type in the code to get to them. I liked the review also! (thumbs u

That is alarming...

hm I wonder why they did that.

I've just left a review, but expect it to be removed real soon. Look for Ken.N.

I'll post here exactly what I wrote, but that Yelp link needs to be bombarded with reviews to keep the Neely's reeeeal busy ..

" .. It's a pity that this is an Internet only store, with only a P.O. box number and not a store that anyone could walk into. There's a good reason for that .. they scam their buyers, by purporting to sell high grade, original, high value (mostly) issues, but the seller actually receives knocked-together, cut-up, ungraded items. Most tend to be cut-and-stapled botch jobs. So: BUYER BEWARE .. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET WHAT YOU WANTED BY ORDERING FROM THESE SCAM MERCHANTS! .. "

What's even worse is that they actually have a nice website...I just browsed around and it functions well, has nice eye appeal and flows.

If only www.thehouseofcomics.com weren't the biggest crooks in NC :sorry:

Edit: oops, I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I went to Marc's site (which is AWESOME BTW)

Wow, I haven't ordered from The House of Comics, but I've been going through all the threads up on the boards and the whole situation is *spooned*. That re-stapled reprint is hilarious lol

Has anyone tried contacting the police station in Monroe, NC? I've heard of eBay buyers contacting local police with the names and addresses of problem sellers, not sure if it will help....? (shrug)

Sorry to hear another victim, and possibly more have been taken by these scammers.

I have started an awareness blog and will be posting on Twitter. Please make sure to stop-by and comment on the blog any information you feel would help improve visibility to the awareness threads on these boards, the blog and any other online information that others can use to avoid being taken.

THEHOUSEOFCOMICS ARE SCAMMERS Blog

Twitter: @thehouseofcomic

Hey, just an update... I've spoken to the guys there. They assure me that they are going to make this right. While I'm pretty confident that they were trying to get one over on me, if they do send me what I bought, I'm happy. I have a case open with Amazon and I guess we'll see. They were very quick to get back to me - I almost feel badly that I jumped the gun. I'm sure that I'll be kicking myself in the near future, time will tell... I can't bring myself to get angry if they are trying to mend the screw job.

At this point it's totally on me as I am well informed... I really want to think the best of people which could be a personal failure.

Make no mistake. They are scammers, and that book was not sent to you by accident. If it works on a percentage of buyers, then they come out ahead. Next, they will send you a reprint, or make an excuse. If you actually do get the book you ordered in the condition described, then we are just one white buffalo sighting short of armageddon.

Sorry to hear another victim, and possibly more have been taken by these scammers.

I have started an awareness blog and will be posting on Twitter. Please make sure to stop-by and comment on the blog any information you feel would help improve visibility to the awareness threads on these boards, the blog and any other online information that others can use to avoid being taken.

Why would you have that username? That seems dumb and weird.

Whoever did the blog:

re the $ on the blog - this wasn't a 2k deal, it was $x00. I said that the 2k came from the bad deal plus a work travel expense of $1600 that was kicked back... The whole day sucked, not just this deal. Thanks though.

I would not feel bad about jumping the gun at all. They have scammed people before and will probably do so again. I would do everything I could to get the refund. Read the other thread and see how many people have actually gotten a refund, or what they ordered, there won't be many.

I really want to think the best of people which could be a personal failure.

You may want to rethink that philosophy here in a few months when they have strung you along with promises of fulfilling your original order and excuses about making mistakes sending your book.

I would not feel bad about jumping the gun at all. They have scammed people before and will probably do so again. I would do everything I could to get the refund. Read the other thread and see how many people have actually gotten a refund, or what they ordered, there won't be many.
I dont think anyone has gotten either.

Hey, just an update... I've spoken to the guys there. They assure me that they are going to make this right. While I'm pretty confident that they were trying to get one over on me, if they do send me what I bought, I'm happy. I have a case open with Amazon and I guess we'll see. They were very quick to get back to me - I almost feel badly that I jumped the gun. I'm sure that I'll be kicking myself in the near future, time will tell... I can't bring myself to get angry if they are trying to mend the screw job.

At this point it's totally on me as I am well informed... I really want to think the best of people which could be a personal failure.

Begin runaround #1...

Why would you have that username? That seems dumb and weird.

Because on the offchance that you Google the username, you will get "Showing results for the house of comics" - it will autocorrect and show you results. Not sure if that is what was originally intended by the blog poster, but it's probably the best alternative in terms of search relevancy.