• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have much experience with 'THE' House of Comics?

393 posts in this topic

I'm still surprised that nobody has got the Neely's local police involved.

I think people did, but my guess is that cops there deal with methlabs and child endangerment all day long there.

When someone from another state calls and says "This guy sold me a comic online, and it wasn't the one he said it would be, then he wouldn't give me my money back" it doesn't get the highest priority rating since no one was hurt, no one is in danger, the victims have enough extra money to buy comics (and do not put tax dollars into the local economy), and the crime is barely in their jurisdiction to begin with (mail fraud across state lines). Additionally these types of crime require tons of paperwork and do not usually result in significant penalties.

I'm not defending police inaction (and not even saying its happening), but if the police are 'taking their time' to investigate, its not hard to see why.

Maybe the Better Business Bureau is a better choice?

The local TV stations' "action team" might be best.

This has got to be them:

http://www.wbtv.com/story/23583633/wife

Well that explains why his for sale postings on craigslist stopped.

Psy

I think people did, but my guess is that cops there deal with methlabs and child endangerment all day long there.

When someone from another state calls and says "This guy sold me a comic online, and it wasn't the one he said it would be, then he wouldn't give me my money back" it doesn't get the highest priority rating since no one was hurt, no one is in danger, the victims have enough extra money to buy comics (and do not put tax dollars into the local economy), and the crime is barely in their jurisdiction to begin with (mail fraud across state lines). Additionally these types of crime require tons of paperwork and do not usually result in significant penalties.

I'm not defending police inaction (and not even saying its happening), but if the police are 'taking their time' to investigate, its not hard to see why.

This has got to be them:

WOW! What's he gonna do now, claim he slipped on piles and comics and empty prescription bottles and accidentally stabbed her?

Surreal.

Before I joined the boards, I had the misfortune of dealing with him on eBay. I thought he was a nut job and the posts on these boards confirmed it later on but I never knew he was this insane.

Does anyone know what they are going to do with their extensive comic book collection?

:jokealert:

Before I joined the boards, I had the misfortune of dealing with him on eBay. I thought he was a nut job and the posts on these boards confirmed it later on but I never knew he was this insane.

Does anyone know what they are going to do with their extensive comic book collection?

:jokealert:

On the film clip, it looked like there were a bunch of long boxes stacked on the trailer in the front yard. The reporter mentioned that they were just moving in so the comic business must have been booming.

This has got to be them:

WOW! What's he gonna do now, claim he slipped on piles and comics and empty prescription bottles and accidentally stabbed her?

Surreal.

Not like it's a surprise.

Remember how his criminal history was posted here, and kidnapping and spousal abuse were among the many, many charges listed. It was only a matter of time before Mr. Meth-head went crazy again. doh!