• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Behold the power of Working!

17 posts in this topic

well, right now im working (I got a job at my local comic shop) and have in my hands Avengers 502 and Astonishing xmen 5 ( they get comics early for some reason) they can't sell them, (???) But I got to keep a copy of avengers!:)

(IT's gettin good) thumbsup2.gif

well, right now im working (I got a job at my local comic shop) and have in my hands Avengers 502 and Astonishing xmen 5 ( they get comics early for some reason) they can't sell them, (???) But I got to keep a copy of avengers!:)

(IT's gettin good) thumbsup2.gif

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

TEASE!

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

well, right now im working (I got a job at my local comic shop) and have in my hands Avengers 502 and Astonishing xmen 5 ( they get comics early for some reason) they can't sell them

They're advanced copies for retailers ("wow this is great, I'd better see if I can order more!"). I believe it would be a very, very bad thing for that shop if those books were sold before the street date and Diamond/Marvel found out.

well the owner gave a copy to me, he's a cool guy but this is the only time I get a advanced copy.

Still, at least you'll get to read the books early. My LCS always lets me read '100 Bullets' as soon as they get their advance copy. cloud9.gif

Are these 4 color or BW? Covers and all?

You've never seen these? The LCSes around here leave them out on the counters for people to look through.

They're just like the regular books, minus the price indica or something... I can't remember what's missing off the covers, actually... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just learned who the Avenger is that dies in #502. I haven't read the issue, but I'm definitely not impressed by the choice.

There's some speculation that another one of those four characters is the villain who has brought this down on the Avengers. I sure hope not, but it doesn't seem below what Bendis will do for a cheap thrill.

BTW here's a link to a page from the final chapter of the Avengers Finale special (art by George Perez):

http://www.newsarama.com/Marvel/Avengers_500/avengers02.jpg

In the picture you can see who has survived the whole disassembled storyline (and who isn't there). Cap and Iron man are there, as is the Black Panther (in civvies), the Beast (in his Astonishing outfit), Wonder Man (where has he been?) and Warbird. Along with two others that I won't mention (you'll see).

Does anybody have the LCS preview copy of Identity Crisis 4 with the Sky Captain insert still intact? I'll pay $25 for one.

...and I'll pay twice that.

The creators comp copies still had the insert...

The artist inking the backgrounds had 2 at the Big Apple Show. He's going to get them slabbed.

I opened a comic shop on Monday and I'm on the Marvel Sneek Peek program, you get between 4 and 12 books a week early to tempt customers to buy buy buy. I dont sell mine till the right time... they are cool tho. Brand new books a week early!!!! They also do it for DC.

Are these 4 color or BW? Covers and all?

You've never seen these? The LCSes around here leave them out on the counters for people to look through.

They're just like the regular books, minus the price indica or something... I can't remember what's missing off the covers, actually... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I haven't been to an LCS in 2 years.