• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

overall the price has gone up across all copies...Ottley averages around $22 and the regular is around $10....realizing of course that the vaulting of the LBCC to over $300 will probably adjust downward...or maybe it won't.

I have 2 copies of the LBCC. I think its time to grade them!
I debating on the the same thing. Send in for blue labels or wait for some dual sigs.

I picked up four copies at $20 each this past weekend at Arizona and flipped them the next day at the show for $125 each.

I have more so how do you guys think a $.99 raw auction would go?

better now than later for sure....I have a couple sitting there (not a bunch) and a couple Ottley's.

You have some LBCCs out for grading, or some reg cover #1s?

Either way, if your selling, I'm looking for both, and buying from you has ways been an easy transaction.

Just let me know, my friend!

I don't think you'll be truly happy until all copies are less than cover.

that's really what you take from my posts eh?

I'll be happy when:

1.) people sitting on multiple copies of a book arent trying to pump it up so inexperienced/green people take giant baths on overpriced hype

2.) when a book triples over night, and someone dares to say "caution", they arent attacked by people sitting on multiple copies for daring to ask questions

But you know what, forget all that. I can join the team.

$335+ is only the beginning. This book has great art, and a good story, it doesnt even have option rumors yet. Anyone not out there throwing down $500 a copy is going to regret it as soon as the tv new hits.

This is going to be the next walking dead, time to back up the truck. Within a year this will be a $1K book easy for LBCC, and $200-$250 for a regular first print 9.8 Blue.

I looked at the bid history of the two guys who voluntarily bid war'd each other above the buy it now price of other available copies. Neither of them had 100% bid history with the seller, so it shows there are at least two people who realize the potential and are trying to get in early.

Don't tell anyone, but I got a line on the OA. I am willing to pay $2000 a page, and $5000 for covers, that will seem cheap by the time AMC has the pilot airing.

At the end of the day, don't say I didnt let you guys know so you could get in on the action.

THIS TIME ITS DIFFERENT

this-time-is-different.jpg

Edited by CBT

I'll be happy when:

1.) people sitting on multiple copies of a book arent trying to pump it up so inexperienced/green people take giant baths on overpriced hype

2.) when a book triples over night, and someone dares to say "caution", they arent attacked by people sitting on multiple copies for daring to ask questions

But you know what, forget all that. I can join the team.

$335+ is only the beginning. This book has great art, and a good story, it doesnt even have option rumors yet. Anyone not out there throwing down $500 a copy is going to regret it as soon as the tv new hits.

This is going to be the next walking dead, time to back up the truck. Within a year this will be a $1K book easy for LBCC, and $200-$250 for a regular first print 9.8 Blue.

I looked at the bid history of the two guys who voluntarily bid war'd each other above the buy it now price of other available copies. Neither of them had 100% bid history with the seller, so it shows there are at least two people who realize the potential and are trying to get in early.

Don't tell anyone, but I got a line on the OA. I am willing to pay $2000 a page, and $5000 for covers, that will seem cheap by the time AMC has the pilot airing.

At the end of the day, don't say I didnt let you guys know so you could get in on the action.

THIS TIME ITS DIFFERENT

this-time-is-different.jpg

I know it's early, but....POST OF THE DAY CONTENDAH, folks!

It is the same technique as NWM. Go back in that thread. No news, no news, no news. Then a week or two before #3 a few people post "OMG THIS SERIES IS GREAT BUT I'LL LET A FEW OF MY COPIES GO. OH AND IT NEEDS A VARIANT IN EVERY COLOR."

I was thinking the same thing. More specifically, the hype that surrounded the release of the blue ComicsPro variant, when there was an ongoing tickertape blow-by-blow of every single copy selling on eBay. I believe it peaked at around $400 that day...? Now you can have a blue label 9.8 for $70, or a raw NM for $25 (based on the two most recent raw sales at $35 and $16).

I'll be happy when:

I wish you wouldn't make it sound like everyone out there is doing this... I know I never "pumped up this book" nor attacked anyone, and I actually brought forth questions of my own.

:(

-slym

Edited by slym2none

NWM still does okay in my mind in spite of the creators delivering a book about once every 6 months. lol

You will see a lot of books head north from now to the end of July or longer. Its a cyclical hobby/business. It is why, im my opinion, that you have more event type stuff from the big 2 early in the year and not so much later. It happened last year, the year before that, the year... you get the idea. It is nothing new. 2c