• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

i'll list what I actually own, not whatever i've said to yank chains.

#1 Regular (10)

#1 Ottley (12)

LBCC (2)

that's it

2 Ottley, 2 LBCC & 1 Expo are at CGC to be graded.

Edited by krighton

I own zero regular covers.

I have sold about 30 Ottley covers ranging from $10-$20 each.

7 Ottleys left all being graded or have been graded.

I sold 3 raw LBCC for $55 each one 9.8 graded for $175

I have one LBCC 9,8 for my personal collection

Does that really look like hoarding.

CBT likes to throw this hoading claim around but I simply don't see it. These books are spread thin out there.

The solicits on the Ottley cover had a very short window. I would wager a bet that nobody has more than 50 of them in quantity.

Also the LBCC had a very low print run.

Also, since CBT likes to claim I am a pumper.. then why I am not constantly pumping the book I have the most money invested in... Five Ghosts... based on his definition of me I should be in that thread daily shouting about how great it is(and yes it is to me), but I don't... I simply enjoy the collection I have.

OK, after reading about people's hordes they post up, maybe it is speculator-driven speculation.

It's still a good book.

You can still make money with it.

Just be careful. When the music stops, you don't want to be the guy holding the $300 CBLDF NM 1, or the $1000 9.8 CGC Sixth Gun 1.

Just be careful. When the music stops, you don't want to be the guy holding the $300 CBLDF NM 1, or the $1000 9.8 CGC Sixth Gun 1.

If NWM had kept a monthly release schedule and continued on the story line that was building that would probably be a $600 book.

There were a ton of people on board with NWM.

OK, after reading about people's hordes they post up, maybe it is speculator-driven speculation.

It's still a good book.

Sixth Gun was a $1000 book ? Sheesh. lol

I didn't follow that book so I had no idea. How much is it bringing now ?

It's still a good book.

The last two I bought raw and flipped I made a pretty good amount on(right before the CBS cancel news), but I don't remember it hitting $1000 either.

It's still a good book.

I think it was up around $700 ..along with PP when all the crazy ensued.

It's still a good book.

hm

Maybe me and Roger Clemens both misremembered.

I'll peek at the Sixth Gun thread from spring '13.

If NWM had kept a monthly release schedule and continued on the story line that was building that would probably be a $600 book.

There were a ton of people on board with NWM.

Yup, there were.

There were also a ton of people on board with Thief of Thieves at issue 4, when the book was young and fresh, birds were singing, and flowers were blooming.

Now, despite a monthly release schedule, a consistent creative team, and show still in development, the ComicsPro 1 in 9.8 is down to selling in the $175 range.

$600 book? I don't think so. It was a tail-chasing-cat display of irrational exuberance that would've petered out as fickle ADD speculators moved on to the next hot book.

It's still a good book.

hm

Definitely peaked at $1000+. I sold three of 'em at that price (9.8 SS).

It's still a good book.

hm

(thumbs u

I was gonna say, it happened.

It's still a good book.

hm

(thumbs u

I was gonna say, it happened.

Just to Clarify - NWM #1 Comicspro was up to $375 as of March 2013 (see JJ's sale thread - which was the only googleable result) Don't think the CBLDF was up that much. 2c

So, Image's success has nothing to do with quality books - it's all speculator-driven speculation.

:idea:

Your ability to determine what proportion is due to quality, and what proportion is due to bandwagon jumping speculation, and how this impacts your window to profit, will determine whether you make money or lose money.

So, Image's success has nothing to do with quality books - it's all speculator-driven speculation.

Your ability to determine what proportion is due to quality, and what proportion is due to bandwagon jumping speculation, and how this impacts your window to profit, will determine whether you make money or lose money.

I mostly agree with if you throw in a little luck. On the other hand, I think Image is smashing Marvel and DC (excluding a few Vertigo titles with Batman and SSM ) in the quality department. To me, its not even close. The greatest difference is that something of consequence can happen in an Image comic and NOTHING in the big 2 ever matters and is ALWAYS retconned.

And there's the one unknown factor, Creator drive and determination...if the creator has real life issues, or other problems, the comic can tank pretty fast. The hottest comic imaginable needs to be actually printed and sold before it can gain in value.

So many promising comics have crashed and burned from behind the scenes troubles, not from content or over speculation. No Place Like Home, Danger Club, Mind the Gap's error issue delay, Sixth Gun's TV show collapse, Revival's tv show problem, Nowhere Men's E.S. implosion, etc. etc..

Once once a comic deflates from bad news or delays there's hardly any chance to come back.

I mostly agree with if you throw in a little luck. On the other hand, I think Image is smashing Marvel and DC (excluding a few Vertigo titles with Batman and SSM ) in the quality department. To me, its not even close. The greatest difference is that something of consequence can happen in an Image comic and NOTHING in the big 2 ever matters and is ALWAYS retconned.

Agree 100%. (thumbs u

And agree 100% with krighton on the points made vis-a-vis creators.