• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifest Destiny - Skybound - Chris Dingess, Matthew Roberts
1 1

2,663 posts in this topic

So, Image's success has nothing to do with quality books - it's all speculator-driven speculation.

:idea:

They should just pump out #1s then, no continuing series! #1 Vol. 1, #1 Vol. 2, #1 Vol. 3...

hm

-slym

lol How did this go from one particular book being speculator driven to all?! :roflmao:

Loving this thread :popcorn:

So, Image's success has nothing to do with quality books - it's all speculator-driven speculation.

:idea:

They should just pump out #1s then, no continuing series! #1 Vol. 1, #1 Vol. 2, #1 Vol. 3...

hm

lol How did this go from one particular book being speculator driven to all?! :roflmao:

Loving this thread :popcorn:

I keep hearing "it happened to the rest of the Image titles, that has to be what is happening here."

:shrug:

-slym

Also, since CBT likes to claim I am a pumper.. then why I am not constantly pumping the book I have the most money invested in... Five Ghosts... based on his definition of me I should be in that thread daily shouting about how great it is(and yes it is to me), but I don't... I simply enjoy the collection I have.

Because Five Ghosts has already come and gone and won't see any action unless its adapted to another medium.

When you constantly are posting how many copies of a book you've sold and for how much you DO come across as a pump and dumper.

Also, since CBT likes to claim I am a pumper.. then why I am not constantly pumping the book I have the most money invested in... Five Ghosts... based on his definition of me I should be in that thread daily shouting about how great it is(and yes it is to me), but I don't... I simply enjoy the collection I have.

Because Five Ghosts has already come and gone and won't see any action unless its adapted to another medium.

When you constantly are posting how many copies of a book you've sold and for how much you DO come across as a pump and dumper.

The word constantly is hyperbole. I went back 25 pages of posts in this thread and I mentioned 3 times how many copies I have sold. Based on the number of posts I have made in this thread, the term constantly does not apply.

The word constantly is hyperbole. I went back 25 pages of posts in this thread and I mentioned 3 times how many copies I have sold. Based on the number of posts I have made in this thread, the term constantly does not apply.

and how about in the moderns heating up on ebay thread?

and how about in the moderns heating up on ebay thread?

Hmm I thought we were discussing this thread... Irregardless, the function of the moderns heating up on ebay thread is to discuss what is selling well. The entirety of the thread revolves around that discussion. But I will play along and get you the number if times I have mentioned how many MD I have sold from that thread.

After going back to check, I mentioned my sales of MD Ottley variant 3 times out of roughly 30 posts in that thread over the last month.

Does the word constantly apply here?

Edited by ZaCrew

Hmm I thought we were discussing this thread... Irregardless, the function of the moderns heating up on ebay thread is to discuss what is selling well. The entirety of the thread revolves around that discussion. But I will play along and get you the number if times I have mentioned how many MD I have sold from that thread.

After going back to check, I mentioned my sales of MD Ottley variant 3 times out of roughly 30 posts in that thread over the last month.

Does the word constantly apply here?

From what you posted previously you feel as though other(s) on this forum view you as a pump and dumper. I gave you a reason someone may feel that you are one. When you consistently/persistently/regularly (since you seem hung up on my use of the word constantly I provided a few substitutes) run here to post your latest ebay sale(s) it can come across as pump and dump behavior. You do it enough that I, a random forum user, noticed it. That should tell you something.

Also if you want to continue to argue over the use of constantly I feel as though we first should address your use of the word "irregardless". I'd rather not waste my evening doing that. Peace.

I just think he tells people stuff he's noticing as we all do. MOS 17 and 18 are stuff I think of when I see your post. I think you both have honorable reasons for sharing. My guilty pleasure is East of West. I bet I could tell you most of the regulars' favorites. I certainly don't want to talk about stuff I don't read. One of these days I may participate in Revival, Fatale, or something else I haven't read yet but until I do, you will be hearing about what I'm reading from me. :grin:

I could speak about the 4 Fables trades I bought from fellow boardies... lol

Wow, some of you guys have quite the stock on the #1s. I don't have a single copy of #1. Had it on my pull list, local LCS forgot to put one in, I hadn't the chance to stop in and grab my stash for a month, and there you have it. Can't find one.

hopefully I can find one in Seattle when I go to ECC. Just don't want to pay $7 then shipping, making it a $10 book if I don't have to.

well, the LBCC are in a holding pattern until that $355 auction is over in 14 hours....I seriously doubt it goes any higher. Hope the guy selling gets paid.

I can't see this going any higher, but I will admit, I never saw the $355 coming either.

3 times too many... No one cares.