• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

Saw it this afternoon and enjoyed the hell out of it. For 2.5 hours I was 10 years old again. Thanks, Marvel.

It's interesting that Vision is a gem holder. Is Warlock off the table now?

Vision's introduction could be a warlock-type origin - artificial life, chamber / cocoon + infinity gem. After vision lifted Thor's hammer, I thought to myself that he could be the "warlock" of the MCU - who knows (shrug)

I think once the bearer / location of the soul gem is revealed, we'll get a better idea whether warlock will be in films or not.

What he said

Soul gem

Saw it the second time again today with my brother (and the kids again). I liked it better the second time around, first time I would have given it 6 out of 10. Second time probably 8 out of 10. Down side was it was pretty busy. Lots of cameos and not enough time to develop all the characters that I would like. Up side was that the stories they did develop (Hulk and Black Widow, the twins) they did pretty well with.

These comics bring more fans into comics and increase the value of our collectibles. You guys need to stop complaining and enjoy the movie.

Bulk of my collection are SA avengers and marvel cosmic related titles. I'm still going to say that avengers 2 is average but at the same time I enjoyed the film. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying (shrug)

I apologize if my comments earlier de-values your collection.

These comics bring more fans into comics and increase the value of our collectibles. You guys need to stop complaining and enjoy the movie.

Bulk of my collection are SA avengers and marvel cosmic related titles. I'm still going to say that avengers 2 is average but at the same time I enjoyed the film. I'm not complaining. I'm just saying (shrug)

I apologize if my comments earlier de-values your collection.

Average? Really? You must not watch many movies, and the movies you do watch must be the cream of the crop.

No summer blockbuster is ever going to be the best "film" ever made, but I can't help but wonder by what metric you rate movies by if this is your middle of the road.

A few weeks ago I saw Furious 7 - a movie in the same category as this, the "summer blockbuster" - and it was truly awful in comparison. It has made crazy money, but the movie itself was pretty bad outside of the action set pieces and how much of a cartoon the Rock's character has become in that series. In comparison, Age of Ultron had many of the negatives these type of movies have (crazy plots, huge casts, improbable action scenes) while still managing to keep some of the things most blockbusters lack: good dialog, compelling character development, generally solid acting. And they've managed all of that while working within the constraints of a complex shared world.

Personally, I continue to be impressed with what Marvel has managed, no one has ever done this before, and they're making it up as they go along, but I think they're doing a great job. I would like to see them make some smaller films that tell more in depth stories, but I think their plan is to do that with their Netflix shows, and after watching Daredevil, I'm fully on board with that.

Agreed chaos. What Disney/marvel is doing is amazing. I keep saying it and I'll say it again, all the negative reviews are people who take things for granted and have no imagination and are pretty boring, this stuff is amazing. I never had this as a kid and kids growing up now a days have it so good. To see your favorite comic book character come to life on the big screen, is amazing. Just step back and think about it for a second, it's amazing. People who complain about their phones and computers etc, this stuff is amazing. Amazing!!! :facepalm:

Saw AAOU tonight and it was so good. I have questions but don't know if it's time for them since they'll ruin it for some. But damn it was so amazing. And the end credits scene was even more epic! I literally jumped outta my seat with excitement.

So good!!

Agreed chaos. What Disney/marvel is doing is amazing. I keep saying it and I'll say it again, all the negative reviews are people who take things for granted and have no imagination and are pretty boring, this stuff is amazing. I never had this as a kid and kids growing up now a days have it so good. To see your favorite comic book character come to life on the big screen, is amazing. Just step back and think about it for a second, it's amazing. People who complain about their phones and computers etc, this stuff is amazing. Amazing!!! :facepalm:

Saw AAOU tonight and it was so good. I have questions but don't know if it's time for them since they'll ruin it for some. But damn it was so amazing. And the end credits scene was even more epic! I literally jumped outta my seat with excitement.

So good!!

Just put them in spoilers & we'll reply in spoilers.

Saw it tonight - didn't think it was better than the first, but I still thought it was a great popcorn flick, that had a lot of great fan boy moments. Another Marvel Winner!

And it's nice to have the Vision and the Scarlet Witch!

Saw it tonight. Liked it more than I thought I would. Only one thing --- did they show the Vision phase through anything? I could have just missed it but I don't think he did.

Must have been a tough film to edit. Can't wait to watch the 3 hour plus cut when it gets released on blu-ray.

Saw it tonight. Liked it more than I thought I would. Only one thing --- did they show the Vision phase through anything? I could have just missed it but I don't think he did.

Must have been a tough film to edit. Can't wait to watch the 3 hour plus cut when it gets released on blu-ray.

The only thing I saw the Vision phase thru was towards the end of the final fight scene.

As War Machine & Vision were cleaning up the remaining "Ultrons" making sure none of them escaped.

It's the part where War Machine first sees Vision in action, you see Vision ripping apart a robot by phasing thru it.

Dont know if that counts but I was looking for exact same thing.

Cheers!

+1 (thumbs u

What about those of us who hate the values going up because it puts books further out of reach? And i say that as someone who has a number of keys who have increased in value because of movies.

OK,

Is Pietro really dead or do they send him to Tahiti like they did Coulson?

I don't buy that he's dead either. He has such a rich history with the Inhumans on the page it would be wrong to lose him right at the dawning of the Inhumans in the MCU. But who knows?

Hey everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Some guys think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Good for you. It's surely not an awful movie. Plus there's great pieces within. Thor and Vision are worth seeing it for them alone.

I go to the movies 4-5 times a week (the joys of a subscription card), so I see practically everything that's released.

But then for some people this will be their sole outing to the flicks for months, is this a bad film for those kind of folks? Hmmmm, probably not.

But is this a 'good' movie in the way that GoTG was a good movie? No. Plainly not.

I like the first Avengers and most of the MCU, the bigger problem for this move and indeed the whole roadmap going forward is that a lot of the actors are just too old, RDJ was great in Ironman 1 and managed to shine in the first Avengers. It's been the law of diminishing returns ever since. He'll need to suit up just to be able to get himself off down the shops soon. Sorry but I want my heroes in their 20/30s not their 40/50/60s!

Renner is 44

Ruffalo is 47

RDJ is 50

Jackson is 67

How do those numbers add up? It might be a billion at the box office but it's over two centuries worth of wrinkles and incontinence pads.