• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

stock shares already starting to dip since Avengers only made 80 million instead of the projected estimated deathly hollows trump.

bad reviews still coming in,

come on keyboard warriors, you dont want your shares to dip anymore!

time to go bash X-men more. Jubilee isnt generic enough for you.

While I loved Avengers Part 1 you have to be a completely stupid boardie if....

You still think Avengers Part 2 didn't just blow Avengers 1 away. For once the general audience is smarter than the posts in this thread. The villain was ten times better. I took my friends 3 kids (15, 8, 6) and they all said how much fun they had. The 6 year old boy was talking about Vision and Thanos in vivid detail after the movie. So yeah our back issues are safe in our lifetime as the entire movie theater was filled children under 15.

What in the hell is the matter with some of you that you still think Avengers 1 was still better. It makes me have violent thoughts towards some of you and how either jaded you have become or too damn old to have a clue of what you just saw.

The cut scene alone was perfect! At the end of the movie the entire movie theater clapped in enjoyment. Plus this was a Philly theater which is a tough pleasing crowd to begin with.

Avengers 2 > Avengers 1....it is not even close!

I'm that completely stupid boardie then. :banana:

stock shares already starting to dip since Avengers only made 80 million instead of the projected estimated deathly hollows trump.

Where are you seeing that? I've seen nothing on any major news site other than the projected $220-225 million they reported last night.\

Edit : Nevermind, I found it. $84.46 million on Friday.

BOX OFFICE: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Shoots Past $400M With 2nd Highest Opening Day Ever

Avengers: Age of Ultron opened yesterday with an impressive $84.4 million, a number just shy of the record for the highest opening day of all time which is held by Harry Potter and the Death Hallows Part II and its $91 million haul. Regardless, the sequel still topped the first instalment's $80.8 million, and depending on how today goes, it looks set to finish between the $200 million - $210 million mark. Whether it will top The Avengers' amazing $207.4 million remains to be seen, and the box office tends to be so unpredictable that it really could land anywhere right now.

You still think Avengers Part 2 didn't just blow Avengers 1 away. For once the general audience is smarter than the posts in this thread. The villain was ten times better. I took my friends 3 kids (15, 8, 6) and they all said how much fun they had. The 6 year old boy was talking about Vision and Thanos in vivid detail after the movie. So yeah our back issues are safe in our lifetime as the entire movie theater was filled children under 15.

What in the hell is the matter with some of you that you still think Avengers 1 was still better. It makes me have violent thoughts towards some of you and how either jaded you have become or too damn old to have a clue of what you just saw.

The cut scene alone was perfect! At the end of the movie the entire movie theater clapped in enjoyment. Plus this was a Philly theater which is a tough pleasing crowd to begin with.

^^

Did you have to explain to your 6 year old what sterilization meant? I know why that was in there but with the tone of the movie it seemed very out of place. Karen Page announcing that in the Daredevil series I could see. I immediately heard a little kid in front of me ask his dad what that meant.

Me too!! :whee:

Did you have to explain to your 6 year old what sterilization meant? I know why that was in there but with the tone of the movie it seemed very out of place. Karen Page announcing that in the Daredevil series I could see. I immediately heard a little kid in front of me ask his dad what that meant.

My ten year old didn't say a thing...

I just got back from my second viewing and I enjoyed it even more. I honestly think it is better than the first. Here's why:

The first was magical- more magical than Age of Ultron. It was magical because of the last 1 or so though. Seeing them come together and fight was incredible the first time and I still enjoy it.

However, having seen the movie upwards of 20 times now (I have a son who loves to just turn it on) it just drags horribly at the beginning. It really hurts the movie as a whole.

Having seen Age of Ultron twice now, I don't think it suffers from that problem. It might not have had the same magic, but it couldn't because we'd already seen it. It almost got there at the end with the all out brawl though.

I felt like Age of Ultron was a solid start to finish though and honestly would go see it again tomorrow if someone asked.

I just got back from my second viewing and I enjoyed it even more. I honestly think it is better than the first. Here's why:

The first was magical- more magical than Age of Ultron. It was magical because of the last 1 or so though. Seeing them come together and fight was incredible the first time and I still enjoy it.

However, having seen the movie upwards of 20 times now (I have a son who loves to just turn it on) it just drags horribly at the beginning. It really hurts the movie as a whole.

Having seen Age of Ultron twice now, I don't think it suffers from that problem. It might not have had the same magic, but it couldn't because we'd already seen it. It almost got there at the end with the all out brawl though.

I felt like Age of Ultron was a solid start to finish though and honestly would go see it again tomorrow if someone asked.

...... you driving ?...............................GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Saw it last night and it was great! I might even go see it again with friends who missed it this weekend but this time in 3D and I rarely do that.

I never understood the need for some people to try and tear down other opinions on movies. No one is right or wrong. It's just what you prefer is all. Never understood why some people get so butthurt over it.

I loved them both but I thought Avengers 1 had a better story but Avengers 2 had more action and for me that is what superhero movies are about, action.

The reason men, at least, tear down other reviews and call those who disagree with them stupid is because they have these tiny wee-wees and need to feel at least something is puffed up, so they choose their ego.

Watched it last night, in IMAX 3D. I am still digesting everything in the film, but am incredibly impressed by what Whedon and company were able to accomplish. This Is a movie that will hold up (and may require) repeat viewings. The first Avengers doesn't hold up extremely well to multiple viewings. I had lowered my expectations for this one because of the lower than expected Rotten Tomatoes percentage and my usual agreement with the critical consensus. They got this one wrong. Avengers 2 was a massive undertaking that had so much it needed to do and it somehow does it all without losing the fun.

The film spent a good deal of time, especially in its third act, on saving civilian lives. It felt like a Marvel gut punch to DC's Man of Steel where Superman was endangering and taking thousands of civilian lives in his climactic fight with Zod. The collateral damage in that film hurt my enjoyment of it and makes me rather pessimistic about the upcoming DC movies. In contrast, the Avengers were being responsible in their battles and were, you know, actually being heroic.

The first Avengers doesn't hold up extremely well to multiple viewings. I had lowered my expectations for this one because of the lower than expected Rotten Tomatoes percentage and my usual agreement with the critical consensus.

I still feel the two should not be compared. As I had said earlier:

... it (Ultron) can't, in fairness, be compared to the first Avengers film. The first was a total surprise that worked its way through establishing the assembling, the interactions and the eventual coordination that created a team. Much of the first was rightly focused on that. I still consider the first my favorite superhero movie.

Age of Ultron has to be seen in a different light: as a movie contained within that previously established context. And in this light it works beautifully.

I am still digesting everything in the film, but am incredibly impressed by what Whedon and company were able to accomplish. This Is a movie that will hold up (and may require) repeat viewings.

I suspect this has a lot to do with some of lesser reviews. Even after seeing it I couldn't process everything that happened.

I think it will require additional viewings to fully appreciate everything that's going on.

They could have at least mentioned Pym in some respect. Could have helped to promote Ant-Man. (shrug)

Saw the full trailer for that before AoU. I thought it looked good!

^^

Best post I read in this forum in a long time.

I'll have to watch the first one again, but personally... I think Ultron wasn't fleshed out near well enough to be called a compelling movie villain. When compared with the pretty weak aliens from the first movie, that isn't much of a knock when comparing the two, however, you also have to consider Tom Hiddleston's Loki and he is by no means a slouch - Loki was a much, much more compelling villain than the rather lame Ultron.

I think having Thanos constantly behind the scenes is hurting the movies, especially the villains in the current movies. If Thanos doesn't pay off in a big bad way it'll be a real let down, if he does meet expectations, it'll be incredible and just another one of those "things that had never been done before Marvel did it" type of wins.

Even though the first Avenger's movie drags some in the beginning, it is hard to beat as an overall experience - I'll probably never forget the first time I saw all of the Avengers come together on film and fight to save New York. I couldn't find myself caring too much when that country, the name of which already escapes me, was being raised in to the air as a pseudo-meteor. I also had no attachment whatsoever to Quicksilver, and I felt the misdirection towards attempting to convince me that Hawkeye was going to die was heavy handed and pretty poorly done.

The movies biggest problem is pacing - it felt like it rushed from set piece to set piece and only had the barest of time for storytelling in between. The first Avenger's movie never felt like it was in a hurry to get to the next explosion... of course, that could be good and bad depending on how you view it.

Having heard about how much was edited out of the movie, I would love to see a director's cut and see if it shores any of that up, but right now, if I had to vote which film would stand the test of time better, I'd probably go with the first one.