• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,574 posts in this topic

anyone think they introduce Death for the infinity storyline?

Death? If she's an integral part of the original story, they'll probably change it. Might be too sexist to have her. Maybe she can be a cute little dog.

When I read that Infinity storyline with Death it seemed so ridiculous. He keeps doing all these things to win her affection. He's THANOS...he doesn't need her. lol

Seriously, they can do without her in the story and still have plenty of reason why he wants to get the stones and to kill the Avengers.

Stan Lee gave a better performance than Renner.

'Nuff said.

I thought Renner killed it as Hawkeye, I'm looking forward to how they develop his character down the road.. As for Stan the Man! He nails it every time.. "Nuff Said"

Hmm, whats Stan's best Cameo?

I go with "Hef" in Iron Man I

I did like him in ASM as Spidey and Connors fought their way past him.

But Ironman 1 was a terrific movie in all aspects...

Mhmmmmmm..I wonder if someones pulled all his cameos together on youtube.

I did like him in ASM as Spidey and Connors fought their way past him.

But Ironman 1 was a terrific movie in all aspects...

Mhmmmmmm..I wonder if someones pulled all his cameos together on youtube.

Through December 2014

Hmm, whats Stan's best Cameo?

I go with "Hef" in Iron Man I

The one I laughed the hardest at was him as the janitor in the library in ASM . I thought that was great. It seemed to also be his longest cameo

Death? If she's an integral part of the original story, they'll probably change it. Might be too sexist to have her. Maybe she can be a cute little dog.

When I read that Infinity storyline with Death it seemed so ridiculous. He keeps doing all these things to win her affection. He's THANOS...he doesn't need her. lol

Seriously, they can do without her in the story and still have plenty of reason why he wants to get the stones and to kill the Avengers.

I can't see them using Death, it was a bit meh in the comics and never really made much sense to me. You like death that much, just kill yourself?

Amended the above. Thanos may not give two *spoon*s about the Avengers. He just wants the stones to rule the universe. That is pretty good motivation. The Avengers just want to stop him, which would be the only reason that Thanos would worry about them.

Amended the above. Thanos may not give two *spoon*s about the Avengers. He just wants the stones to rule the universe. That is pretty good motivation. The Avengers just want to stop him, which would be the only reason that Thanos would worry about them.

Very true

I can't see them using Death, it was a bit meh in the comics and never really made much sense to me. You like death that much, just kill yourself?

You realize that Thanos name is taken from the Greek word Thanatos, right?

It means, something like, the urge to or desire for death. I mean that's his whole schtick, and the essence of what he is.

I always thought that was kinda cool, gave him a weird, unique purpose.

It means, something like, the urge to or desire for death. I mean that's his whole schtick, and the essence of what he is.

Oh I never knew that, was it Starlin who came up with the actual name and he said that's where he got it from?

Oh I never knew that, was it Starlin who came up with the actual name and he said that's where he got it from?

Not sure if Starlin coined the name though I suspect he did.

And I have no reference to confirm the connection but it seems to fit together seamlessly and given Starlin's penchant for cosmic drama I am pretty sure this was all thought out by him in the evolution of the character.

Perhaps someone else here could have more information that I do.

Not sure if Starlin coined the name though I suspect he did.

And I have no reference to confirm the connection but it seems to fit together seamlessly and given Starlin's penchant for cosmic drama I am pretty sure this was all thought out by him in the evolution of the character.

Perhaps someone else here could have more information that I do.

Starlin is credited at the end of the movie with creating Thanos which I thought was a nice gesture

I think Marvel has been doing a nicer job crediting the creators. It used to just be a general statement giving all credit to Stan and Kirby. Now they've started giving character credits. I noticed it with Daredevil too.

I'm not sure if it has always been the case, but I think it is a new thing...

But to be fair, Starlin has readily admitted that Thanos was derived from Kirby's Darkseid. The physical build of the characters, colours, and meglomania are all the same.