• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what is YOUR birthday comic?
2 2

240 posts in this topic

While I have been collecting for most of my life it was only about 2 years ago that I actually got ahold (CGC 7.5 red label for $20) of Uncanny X-Men #142 - a favourite cover / story of mine (from alternate reprints and TPB) and realized it was published in the same month/year of my birthday!

I think everyone has such an issue - out of all the comics that were published in your birthday month/year which do you relate to the most and think represents you and your collection the best? and do you OWN a copy of it?

I'm not sure if this sort of thing has ever been done/posted but kinda interesting to me.

Like I mentioned above, here is my birthday issue:

February 1981!

142-1.jpg

You can easily find out yours by checking this page out. Comic books by month/year

$20 for a 7.5? Is that a key issue? I sold my late 70s/early 80s runs of X-Men raw for about a few bucks apiece about 10 years ago, and everything later than 77 or 78 had gone straight from the newsstand into a polybag, so they were all 9.4-9.8 unpressed.

This is a cool topic. (thumbs u

Unfortunately, I'm not sure If i have a "Birthday" comic. I do, however, remember getting Nightcrawler 1 for my 10th birthday, and I couldn't have been happier!

While I have been collecting for most of my life it was only about 2 years ago that I actually got ahold (CGC 7.5 red label for $20) of Uncanny X-Men #142 - a favourite cover / story of mine (from alternate reprints and TPB) and realized it was published in the same month/year of my birthday!

I think everyone has such an issue - out of all the comics that were published in your birthday month/year which do you relate to the most and think represents you and your collection the best? and do you OWN a copy of it?

I'm not sure if this sort of thing has ever been done/posted but kinda interesting to me.

Like I mentioned above, here is my birthday issue:

February 1981!

$20 for a 7.5? Is that a key issue? I sold my late 70s/early 80s runs of X-Men raw for about a few bucks apiece about 10 years ago, and everything later than 77 or 78 had gone straight from the newsstand into a polybag, so they were all 9.4-9.8 unpressed.

Well I guess it is now a key considering the movie coming out, but back when I bought it I guess it was only a 'real cool' issue :) Most of the cost associated with it was the fact it was already CGC graded (so $20 for it seemed like steal)

It's been some time i've been planning on getting my birthday comic, but unfornutelly i always puted aside buygint it.

Nowadays it's (more and more) of an expensive book to get, featuring 2 of my fav. characters.

Maybe one day... :)

Nov. 1974

hulk181-1.jpg

:cloud9:

regards

Edited by Pedro1974

I think the 1990s Spider-Man animated series is still my favorite cartoon from my childhood. My favorite episodes were the Secret Wars and pretty much anything with a Goblin in it. Thanks to this thread, I am more than pleased to say my "birth comic" is this:

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_275.jpg

April 1986 <3

And thankfully already had this baby added to my registry early last year. Never ever going to part with it now.

Well... unless a 9.9/10 comes along...

:angel:

A pretty appropriate title for my birth:

Longshot_Vol_1_1.jpg

8 months later, the Chernobyl reactor melts down and this baby basks in the warm glow of ultra-radiation...and that is origin of the mutant that sits here before you today.