• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IM 55 out AV 55 in?

37 posts in this topic

Why is it that for some reason I feel let down in knowing that the storyline for the sequel to what was one of the highest grossing superhero films of all time is going to be influenced by a comic book story that was written well after development for that sequel should have been started?

Why is it that for some reason I feel let down in knowing that the storyline for the sequel to what was one of the highest grossing superhero films of all time is going to be influenced by a comic book story that was written well after development for that sequel should have been started?

(shrug)

I don't know, but I would be dumping my IM55 books like crazy. 50% off right now!

FYI - I'm buying IM55 - just a coincidence. :devil:

The article I read this morning says the story will be different than the mini. Besides, I'm betting they've got a rough idea of what the "event" books will be for the next ten years.

The good news for buyers is that AV 55 is a warehouse find

so there should be plenty...

The bad news for buyers is that when there is a frenzy it doesn't matter.

A VF that looks like a FN due to tanning copy just sold for $300!

I'm glad I've been picking these up for awhile now.

:applause:

. IM55 > AV 55 -- Thanos > Ultron :sumo:

Pfft.

To reiterate: Pfft.

Thanos is great if you like pretentious navel gazing. And he was even better when he was called Darkseid.

Ultron, on the other hand, is awesome. Not as awesome as Kang, but still awesome.

It's just as well this wasn't Kang, though. The Avengers #54 vs. #55 debate is a drop in the bucket compared the arguments people would be having over Avengers #8 vs. FF #19 if Kang were being hyped.

Jerry Lawler made his first appearance in Marvel comics that long ago??

(See, folks, if people remember when "King" Jerry Lawler was announcing for WWF wrestling, and yes, WWF, not WWE, his partner had quite a thick accent, and instead of saying "King," it sounded as if he was calling him "Kang." Constantly. I always thought of Kang the Conqueror every time the guy said that.)

(thumbs u

-slym

Pfft.

Thanos is great if you like pretentious navel gazing. And he was even better when he was called Darkseid.

Ultron, on the other hand, is awesome. Not as awesome as Kang, but still awesome.

It's just as well this wasn't Kang, though. The Avengers #54 vs. #55 debate is a drop in the bucket compared the arguments people would be having over Avengers #8 vs. FF #19 if Kang were being hyped.

Avengers 8

Pfft.

Give me Thanos any day over Ultron. Don't get me wrong. Ultron is pretty cool... But Thanos is.. well .. THANOS! and all (worship) to him! (thumbs u

(I've been a thanos fan wayyy before the hype)

Ultron, on the other hand, is awesome.

Whenever I see Ultron pop up as the villain in the comics, I have to wonder "How're they going to defeat him this time." He's one of those villains who really challenges the depth of the team's roster.