• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 55!!!

84 posts in this topic

I am not sure what you mean about clink's website....is that the website that sold it? cause I don't see a 3,000 9.8 there......

What would give someone the impression it was a 9.8?

Blast from the past 2005 style

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=45374&Number=840560#Post840560

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=44734&Number=829700#Post829700

I remember buying this collection too, and these were some really nice higher-ish copies. I can't cry too much I did get them for a song. Still, this was back when it was tough to giveaway Avengers, they really were equivalent to Daredevil, maybe a touch better.

Avengers

54 VF+ $25.00

55 VFNM $30.00

I had no idea Where Monsters Dwell 6 was such a hot book now too and was trying to find how many of those I sold for less than $10. While doing so I found another Avengers FS thread with a NM- issue 55

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2830436&fpart=2

supapimp had thoughts but JiveTurkeyMoFo picked it up for $30. And Marvel late to the purchase by 4 minutes. Does JTMF still have it?

House of comics picked this up.

Avengers Lot of 10 for $30 SOLD

14 VG-

19 VG

37 G/VG

44 G+

45 G+

54 VG-

56 G/VG

59 VG-

69 VG/F

76 G/VG

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2713606&fpart=7

I think they came from this collection pictured below, I blew these out in lots as I think I got the collection for a song, they were all pretty low grade IIRC.

PikDD1.jpg

So If I list a CGC 9.6 on eBay tonight starting at $1 with no reserve, what's it going to hammer at?

Predictions, please... hm

More than it's worth but less than you think.

First to sell are the first to win.

so what did the 9.6 finish at?

Prices dipped a little this week buuuuttttt....

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/03/thanos-keeps-rising-first-appearance-in-iron-man-55-hits-9000/

with iron man 55 STILL going up...I wonder if it will translate into Avengers 55 going up more....I see iron man 55 as a test case for avengers 55?

I think this might be true - It doesnt not seem to be slowing down, I am also hoping this translates to Avengers 55 gradually increasing as well

So If I list a CGC 9.6 on eBay tonight starting at $1 with no reserve, what's it going to hammer at?

$2,125. One before that hit a $2,400 BIN. A Stan Lee Sig Series offer was accepted on a $3,500 listing too.

$2,125. One before that hit a $2,400 BIN. A Stan Lee Sig Series offer was accepted on a $3,500 listing too.

I bought the 9.6 SS - only 1 to exist, took a chance, Well see if I am stupid.... OR stupid like a fox!

For mid-grade copies (say 5.0 - 7.0) is it worth the time/money for slabbing considering TaTs?

Will it ever reach higher than the initial hype considering Thanos spanned multiple comics (several of his own), but Ultron is a major villain only in the Avengers?

I understand some buy it nows slipping through on the cheap, but how did this auction end like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Avengers-55-Aug-1968-Marvel-/290960236106?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43be94de4a

Weird.

Huh? Are you seeing a different page than the one I'm looking at that says "This Buy It Now listing has ended." (shrug)

For mid-grade copies (say 5.0 - 7.0) is it worth the time/money for slabbing considering TaTs?

Will it ever reach higher than the initial hype considering Thanos spanned multiple comics (several of his own), but Ultron is a major villain only in the Avengers?

I think it will be worth it if you bought them at the pre rise prices. Prices look to be strong and at comparable, if not higher, levels than IM 55. Certainly many less copies of the avengers on census.

I think it will be wroth it if you bought them at the pre rise prices. Prices look to be strong and at comparable, if not higher, levels than IM 55. Certainly many less copies of the avengers on census.

I did buy at pre-hype prices, and all very reasonably. I suppose worst-case scenario I break even if I slab. There are less copies now, but probably a lot more either on their way or in-process.

I think it will be wroth it if you bought them at the pre rise prices. Prices look to be strong and at comparable, if not higher, levels than IM 55. Certainly many less copies of the avengers on census.

I did buy at pre-hype prices, and all very reasonably. I suppose worst-case scenario I break even if I slab. There are less copies now, but probably a lot more either on their way or in-process.

i think you could leave out the word "probably"- it's more likely a deluge hitting Sarasota