• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLDEN AGE BOOKS, RAW and GL #21 8.0 PRICES LOWERED, again RECAP on last page

188 posts in this topic

What a classic!

Air Fighters #12, 1943, Hillman, airboy meets the Devil and the Devils is “Bad”. There is a classic splash page in the Black Angel story. And a Hitler appearance. 7 on the census and this is the last issue. Great color, there is a piece of paper from another book at the bottom of the cover. A few pieces of tape on the Centerfold. Pages are W/OW range. There is a sub crease an some overall creasing. Grade is Gd/VG

OSG in 2.0 is $87 in 4.0 $174.00 bin is $95

airfighters12_0001.jpg

"I want his body!" might not go over so well today.

airfighters12_0002.jpg

"Krak-a-Jap" might not go over so well today.

DSCN0088.jpg

"Do these blue-black tights make my hips look big? Be honest now."

DSCN0089.jpg

Amazing "bumpkin Hitler" caricature.

DSCN0087.jpg

Element hero!

DSCN0086.jpg

And (Bronze Age) Ghost Rider prototype!

Wow!

Jack

Adventure #214, 2nd appearance of Krypto. I purchased the book from SCNE as a VG, but it’s more like a Gd/Vg, there is a sub crease, a tear at the top (about ½”, some other light creasing. Color is nice, pages are about off-white. Not a common book, GD/VG (3.0 ) is $105 in OSG, Bin is $75.

[Adventure214_0001.jpg

Adventure214_0002.jpg

:takeit:

The Black Terror,#11 Nedor. Schomburg Cover.the first story is about a number of different gases invented by the enemy and the 2nd mentions Radium (in case you are collecting science stuff;)

The Black Terror is a druggist who accidentally invents a super potion (a vapor) by using serum from Red Ants He gives himself and his side kick various super powers, it’s amazing, bullets can’t hurt him, but you can knock him out by hitting him on the head. He has a female friend named Jean …an obvious Lois clone, who follows him around and seems to have no clue who he is even though he shows up in different countries with her and his secret persona just kind of disappears ;) The stories were written by Patricia Highsmith a well known author who was quite a character in real life. She wrote the Talented Mr Ripley among other things. The stories are interesting:)

The book has nice pages, a hard long diagonal crease down the middle and great color, some other creasing, staples are tight, pages are off-white. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) (my guess is, it could be pressed higher) Bin is $75

Sold to Selegue

Again the scanner is making the yellows pop, that stain is much fainter in person.

blackterror11_0001.jpg

blackterror11_0002.jpg

What a classic!

Air Fighters #12, 1943, Hillman, airboy meets the Devil and the Devils is “Bad”. There is a classic splash page in the Black Angel story. And a Hitler appearance. 7 on the census and this is the last issue. Great color, there is a piece of paper from another book at the bottom of the cover. A few pieces of tape on the Centerfold. Pages are W/OW range. There is a sub crease an some overall creasing. Grade is Gd/VG

OSG in 2.0 is $87 in 4.0 $174.00 bin is $95

airfighters12_0001.jpg

"I want his body!" might not go over so well today.

airfighters12_0002.jpg

"Krak-a-Jap" might not go over so well today.

DSCN0088.jpg

"Do these blue-black tights make my hips look big? Be honest now."

DSCN0089.jpg

Amazing "bumpkin Hitler" caricature.

DSCN0087.jpg

Element hero!

DSCN0086.jpg

And (Bronze Age) Ghost Rider prototype!

Wow!

Jack

You just about sold me on this book! I'm still holding out for the first Valkyrie though!

Adventure #214, 2nd appearance of Krypto. I purchased the book from SCNE as a VG, but it’s more like a Gd/Vg, there is a sub crease, a tear at the top (about ½”, some other light creasing. Color is nice, pages are about off-white. Not a common book, GD/VG (3.0 ) is $105 in OSG, Bin is $75.

Thanks, Steve! (worship)

ARGH!

So tempting. Quick, somebody snap it up!

Jack

The Black Terror,#11 Nedor. Schomburg Cover.the first story is about a number of different gases invented by the enemy and the 2nd mentions Radium (in case you are collecting science stuff;) ...

... Bin is $75

Again the scanner is making the yellows pop, that stain is much fainter in person.

blackterror11_0001.jpg

More books tomorrow at 8pm...and no, I'm not sure yet, what I'll be listing...I keep switching, but I know I do have some Detectives, some Wonderworlds, and I'm going to list some Slabs after the raw books...including one that is fairly high grade.

All-American #48, Scarce…there ae only 3 on the census, one blue label. The Green Lantern story is about some Patriotic Ganster…(Shades of Lucky Luciano;) if you have never read a Dr Midnite story, this one is s “hoot”, Hooty the Owl (Dr Midnite’s a ssistant, bring him a scapel, his medical bag, etc, he’s just amazing;) Red White and Blue story has a Hitler splash page.

This book has great color and tape on the spine, I don’t see splits except for a very small one at the bottom. The tape is starting to fall off at the top and the color under it is good and I don’t see a split under that.. but it’s hard to tell. Some notes are written on the top of the first page. The staples are tight, pages are OW/CR There is a piece off the back cover. Grade is Good-, although from the front it looks a lot better. (1.8) OSG in 2.0 is $129 and a fr/gd (that looked a lot worse) sold on Heritage last year for $113. Bin is $100.00

allamerican48_0001.jpg

allamerican48_0002.jpg

:takeit: as per PM - thanks, Sharon!

All-American #48, Scarce…there ae only 3 on the census, one blue label. The Green Lantern story is about some Patriotic Ganster…(Shades of Lucky Luciano;) if you have never read a Dr Midnite story, this one is s “hoot”, Hooty the Owl (Dr Midnite’s a ssistant, bring him a scapel, his medical bag, etc, he’s just amazing;) Red White and Blue story has a Hitler splash page.

This book has great color and tape on the spine, I don’t see splits except for a very small one at the bottom. The tape is starting to fall off at the top and the color under it is good and I don’t see a split under that.. but it’s hard to tell. Some notes are written on the top of the first page. The staples are tight, pages are OW/CR There is a piece off the back cover. Grade is Good-, although from the front it looks a lot better. (1.8) OSG in 2.0 is $129 and a fr/gd (that looked a lot worse) sold on Heritage last year for $113. Bin is $100.00

:takeit: as per PM - thanks, Sharon!

Sold, Andy! Thanks!

and Hi Dave :hi:

Black Cat Mystery #37, Harvey. 1950, Nice color, there is a ½ inch cover split at the bottom and a a smaller split that goes through a bunch of the pages. I just knocked a triangle off examining the split, but the piece is there. That back corner is brittle, so I’m going to downgrade the book to a Fair /Good (1.5) but a very nice looking one. Bin is $25

blackcatmystery37_0002.jpg

blackcatmystery37_0001.jpg

Black Cat Mystery #37, Harvey. 1950, Nice color, there is a ½ inch cover split at the bottom and a a smaller split that goes through a bunch of the pages. I just knocked a triangle off examining the split, but the piece is there. That back corner is brittle, so I’m going to downgrade the book to a Fair /Good (1.5) but a very nice looking one. Bin is $25

Thanks, David! Sold!

Radium and exotic poison gases.

I can't resist.

Jack

The Black Terror,#11 Nedor. Schomburg Cover.the first story is about a number of different gases invented by the enemy and the 2nd mentions Radium (in case you are collecting science stuff;)

The Black Terror is a druggist who accidentally invents a super potion (a vapor) by using serum from Red Ants He gives himself and his side kick various super powers, it’s amazing, bullets can’t hurt him, but you can knock him out by hitting him on the head. He has a female friend named Jean …an obvious Lois clone, who follows him around and seems to have no clue who he is even though he shows up in different countries with her and his secret persona just kind of disappears ;) The stories were written by Patricia Highsmith a well known author who was quite a character in real life. She wrote the Talented Mr Ripley among other things. The stories are interesting:)

The book has nice pages, a hard long diagonal crease down the middle and great color, some other creasing, staples are tight, pages are off-white. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) (my guess is, it could be pressed higher) Bin is $75

blackterror11_0001.jpg

Radium and exotic poison gases.

I can't resist.

Jack

[/color]

blackterror11_0001.jpg

Why do you think I do all my comic book chem homework;) :baiting: Thank you! Sold