• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GOLDEN AGE BOOKS, RAW and GL #21 8.0 PRICES LOWERED, again RECAP on last page

188 posts in this topic

Black Cat Mystery #37, Harvey. 1950, Nice color, there is a ½ inch cover split at the bottom and a a smaller split that goes through a bunch of the pages. I just knocked a triangle off examining the split, but the piece is there. That back corner is brittle, so I’m going to downgrade the book to a Fair /Good (1.5) but a very nice looking one. Bin is $25

:takeit:

Thanks, David! Sold!

Great books once again Sharon! :applause:

And I'm kicking myself for not following up on that Action 96! Even though I have a nice copy, I wouldn't have minded an extra at that price with that much eye appeal!

Nice pickup Buzzetta!

RECAP

Thanks for all the sales so far, more tomorrow:) Have a great night!

page 1

Action 37, First Congo Bill ! The book looks like a decent low grade copy, the cover is detached, pages are about white…however, someone glued 2 strips of blue paper inside, one to the inside of the front cover and one to the top of the first page. First wrap is detached at one staple. OSG Good is $290 Asking $229

Adventure 54 Hourman

Cover and first wrap are split, tape must have been on the cover. Pages are cream

First wrap Is split, back of the first wrap is glued to the back cover . there is about a ½ inch split at the bottom of the next 5 wraps. The centerfold is detached, looks nice, no splits..

Good is $258 this book lower than a Fair, , but it's a tough book to find in any shape. $120.

Adventure #121 an early Superboy with a Stamp cover!, Spine roll, piece out on right edge, creasing, 1.5” cover spine tear. Grade is Good+ (2.5) OSG is $76 bin is $52

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6876906&fpart=2 page 2

Air Fighters #12, 1943, Hillman, airboy meets the Devil and the Devils is “Bad”. There is a classic splash page in the Black Angel story. And a Hitler appearance. 7 on the census and this is the last issue. Great color, there is a piece of paper from another book at the bottom of the cover. A few pieces of tape on the Centerfold. Pages are W/OW range. There is a sub crease an some overall creasing. Grade is Gd/VG

OSG in 2.0 is $87 in 4.0 $174.00 bin is $95

All American #12, 1940 Red, White and Blue, they were the stars of the series before Ultra Man and later Green Lantern. This issue has a great early war spy story. Cover is detached. 1” spine split at the bottom, and there was a 2” spit at the top, but a piece of tape is covering it. Pages are very nice, somewhere between White and Off-White. Grade is Good (2.0) Bin $90

All American #28 1941 …at least that is what it says on the cover, the indicia says #27) Perhaps this is a rare oddity! \(shrug\) Stories are consistent with the ones listed on the GCD as #28, as is the cover. Nice colors, nice pages, unfortunately the Centerfold is missing and that affects the Dr. Midnite story. Green Lantern, Red White and Blue, the Atom, Sargon, Hop Harrigan and Red Tornado are complete. Grade is Incomplete. (good Guide is $193) bin is $60

All American #41, Great cover with very nice colors. Green Lantern, The Atom (against the Black Dragon Society) ,Dr. Midnite , Red White and Blue,Red Tornado and Sargon the Sorcerer There is spine wear, a small piece of old tape on the top, and the bottom staple is detached . two pages have pieces torn off the borders, but they do not affect the art. Pages are white. Grade is Fair/Gd (1.5) OPG in Good is $111, Bin is $65

page 3

All-American 46, Scarce, there are only 4 of these books on the census. Great color, GL, Sargon, Hop Harrigan, Dr Midnite (he helps the son of a murdered policeman join the force) Red White and Blue and the RED Tornado….the pail on her head always makes me laugh;)

Pages are OW/W, there is a 1 inch cover spine split, and the inside of the cover has some tanning. Small staple tears, but they are attached. Centerfold is not attached. Greade is VG (4.0) but a nice looking one. OSG is $222, bin Is $160.

page 3

All American #56 ,1944, only 6 on the census. Another crook gets to do good work, thanks to GL and Doiby! Front cover presents well for a low grade book,. Cover is detached, there is a chunk of back cover missing. Pages are OW Cover colors are great. This is one of those weird page count books, from the war years with 60 pages, 16 pieces of paper before the center staple and 12 after. It is complete. Centerfold is detached and has a ragged edge and a 1” split.

Grade is Fair/GD

OSG iin 2.0 is $95 Bin is $65

page 4

Amazing Adventures #4, Ziff Davis, 1950 Classic Robot kissing the beautiful woman cover. Sci Fi. The colors on this book are really sharp. There is a spine roll, a 1 inch cover spine tear and some bug chews on the right edge. The book belonged to someone named Tom Lucas (if you happen to know him)Pages are off-white to cream and supple. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) or maybe a tiny bit better. Bin is $85

America’s Best, #30 (Nedor) Schomburg Cover with the Black Terror and Miss Masque.. Male Bondage cover;)

There are only 5 on the census. The book looks at least Fine-(5.5) from the front, but there is a strip off the back. Pages are Off-White, Grade is VG- (3.5) Bin is $95

Batman #68, the Return of Two Face , Nice color, nice pages, cover is detached and there is a small tear on the cover (right side) grade is Good (2.0) Overstreet guide is $100 in 2.0 bin is $90

All American #12, 1940 Red, White and Blue, they were the stars of the series before Ultra Man and later Green Lantern. This issue has a great early war spy story. Cover is detached. 1” spine split at the bottom, and there was a 2” spit at the top, but a piece of tape is covering it. Pages are very nice, somewhere between White and Off-White. Grade is Good (2.0) Bin $90

Black Cat Mystery #37, Harvey. 1950, Nice color, there is a ½ inch cover split at the bottom and a a smaller split that goes through a bunch of the pages. I just knocked a triangle off examining the split, but the piece is there. That back corner is brittle, so I’m going to downgrade the book to a Fair /Good (1.5) but a very nice looking one. Bin is $25

Thanks, David! Sold!

Great books once again Sharon! :applause:

And I'm kicking myself for not following up on that Action 96! Even though I have a nice copy, I wouldn't have minded an extra at that price with that much eye appeal!

Nice pickup Buzzetta!

Thanks. It is one of those covers that is never on my 'wanted' list but every time I see a copy sell I regret not picking it up. I have always been fascinated by the cover and that is definitely a well presenting copy for its grade, price and age.

Batman #68, the Return of Two Face , Nice color, nice pages, cover is detached and there is a small tear on the cover (right side) grade is Good (2.0) Overstreet guide is $100 in 2.0 bin is $90

batman68_0001.jpg

batman68_0002.jpg

batman68.jpg

Adventure #121 an early Superboy with a Stamp cover!, Spine roll, piece out on right edge, creasing, 1.5” cover spine tear. Grade is Good+ (2.5) OSG is $76 bin is $52

Thanks, Jim, they are both yours ! (worship)

Thanks, Mike! Sold

Thanks for trying, but someone took that one just 2 posts before yours.

RECAP

Thanks for all the sales so far, tonight at 8pm

page 1

Action 37, First Congo Bill ! The book looks like a decent low grade copy, the cover is detached, pages are about white…however, someone glued 2 strips of blue paper inside, one to the inside of the front cover and one to the top of the first page. First wrap is detached at one staple. OSG Good is $290 Asking $229

Adventure 54 Hourman

Cover and first wrap are split, tape must have been on the cover. Pages are cream

First wrap Is split, back of the first wrap is glued to the back cover . there is about a ½ inch split at the bottom of the next 5 wraps. The centerfold is detached, looks nice, no splits..

Good is $258 this book lower than a Fair, , but it's a tough book to find in any shape. $120.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6876906&fpart=2 page 2

Air Fighters #12, 1943, Hillman, airboy meets the Devil and the Devils is “Bad”. There is a classic splash page in the Black Angel story. And a Hitler appearance. 7 on the census and this is the last issue. Great color, there is a piece of paper from another book at the bottom of the cover. A few pieces of tape on the Centerfold. Pages are W/OW range. There is a sub crease an some overall creasing. Grade is Gd/VG

All American #28 1941 …at least that is what it says on the cover, the indicia says #27) Perhaps this is a rare oddity! \(shrug\) Stories are consistent with the ones listed on the GCD as #28, as is the cover. Nice colors, nice pages, unfortunately the Centerfold is missing and that affects the Dr. Midnite story. Green Lantern, Red White and Blue, the Atom, Sargon, Hop Harrigan and Red Tornado are complete. Grade is Incomplete. (good Guide is $193) bin is $60

All American #41, Great cover with very nice colors. Green Lantern, The Atom (against the Black Dragon Society) ,Dr. Midnite , Red White and Blue,Red Tornado and Sargon the Sorcerer There is spine wear, a small piece of old tape on the top, and the bottom staple is detached . two pages have pieces torn off the borders, but they do not affect the art. Pages are white. Grade is Fair/Gd (1.5) OPG in Good is $111, Bin is $65

page 3

All-American 46, Scarce, there are only 4 of these books on the census. Great color, GL, Sargon, Hop Harrigan, Dr Midnite (he helps the son of a murdered policeman join the force) Red White and Blue and the RED Tornado….the pail on her head always makes me laugh;)

Pages are OW/W, there is a 1 inch cover spine split, and the inside of the cover has some tanning. Small staple tears, but they are attached. Centerfold is not attached. Greade is VG (4.0) but a nice looking one. OSG is $222, bin Is $160.

page 3

All American #56 ,1944, only 6 on the census. Another crook gets to do good work, thanks to GL and Doiby! Front cover presents well for a low grade book,. Cover is detached, there is a chunk of back cover missing. Pages are OW Cover colors are great. This is one of those weird page count books, from the war years with 60 pages, 16 pieces of paper before the center staple and 12 after. It is complete. Centerfold is detached and has a ragged edge and a 1” split.

Grade is Fair/GD

OSG iin 2.0 is $95 Bin is $65

page 4

Amazing Adventures #4, Ziff Davis, 1950 Classic Robot kissing the beautiful woman cover. Sci Fi. The colors on this book are really sharp. There is a spine roll, a 1 inch cover spine tear and some bug chews on the right edge. The book belonged to someone named Tom Lucas (if you happen to know him)Pages are off-white to cream and supple. Grade is Gd/VG (3.0) or maybe a tiny bit better. Bin is $85

America’s Best, #30 (Nedor) Schomburg Cover with the Black Terror and Miss Masque.. Male Bondage cover;)

There are only 5 on the census. The book looks at least Fine-(5.5) from the front, but there is a strip off the back. Pages are Off-White, Grade is VG- (3.5) Bin is $95

airfighters12_0001.jpg

Thank you, Sold! (worship)

OK, I promise nothing new before 8 pm Andrew...I still have to scan.

Meanwhile someone asked about some less expensive books to combine shipping,

I had another thread last week

with Fiction House books and there were some left.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6858093&fpart=8

I will gladly combine shipping with those and I I posted a discount on those books which I will still honor.

Please don't bump the old threads I don't want to take up extra real estate, but if you want something that is on the recap list (and it should be accurate) ..just PM me. There is also another thread from a few weeks ago,

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6755375&fpart=16

but the books remaining there, were mostly more expensive ones.

Thanks again:)

Sharon

batman68_0001.jpg

batman68_0002.jpg

batman68.jpg

Thanks, Jim, they are both yours ! (worship)

Many thanks, Sharon! :whee:

Thank YOU, Jim :foryou:

I uploaded better pictures of the back of the America's Best book.

In addition to the raw books tonight, I will be listing 5 CGC'd books at the end. I probably should do a separate thread, but I'll just put them here.

A DC Key, A Lou Fine Classic Cover, An EC Classic Cover, An All Star, An Atlas/Timely, an 8.0 GA book, ..that;s it

No PM previews, I want to surprise people;)

Back to scanning