• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6 batmans, 3 ironmans, and a wonder woman all mugged at SDCC

8 posts in this topic

even Darth Vader got steam rolled in a bar fight. But what a great convention overall, I had a blast... dressed as predator I had no issues.

It is strange that people talk about sexual harassment as being the only issue for cosplayers.. It does not surprise me for some reason to know that a guy dressed like Darth Vader got into a bar fight. Alcohol and guns do not mix. Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Alcohol and cosplay probably don't go too well either.

The scenario in my head is that someone picked a fight in a drunken stupor with Vader to see how tough he is. Sort of like when the MMA guys go out and they say that some of the liquored up patrons want to see how tough the MMA guys really are.

Me? Jeans, t-shirt (usually Phish t-shirt so people who know 'me' can spot me) hoodie, yankees cap, and a backpack.

The scenario in my head is that someone picked a fight in a drunken stupor with Vader to see how tough he is.

Rebel scum.

Alcohol and guns do not mix. Alcohol and fireworks do not mix.

What about Alcohol and lightsabers?

There would be nothing more amusing that to watch two drunken cosplaying jedi's pummel each other with plastic lightsabers. You know you would be standing right beside me laughing like a three year old.

If you don't want to get mugged, don't dress in a way that says "mug me". Personal accountability, amirite?

:baiting:

The scenario in my head is that someone picked a fight in a drunken stupor with Vader to see how tough he is. Sort of like when the MMA guys go out and they say that some of the liquored up patrons want to see how tough the MMA guys really are.

I worked as a bouncer for years to help pay my way through University. There was at least one of these types every night. I was a lot younger then (18 - 22ish) and that lead to a lot of late 20's - early 40's tough guys wanting to beat up the "baby face".

I can only imagine the same is true for cosplay. Sadly, the world is full of cutlery.