• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

July ComicLink focused auction

89 posts in this topic

Yeah - Batman did her and then did her. Just like Robin.

RAD8C95E2013710_16447.jpg

your going to love that book, its got blazing colors from a high grade collection, its a really killer copy, you can stare at it for hours. Looks right off the presses. The original owner must have bought this and stored these in his dark closet forever at the right temperature.

I have about 30 more like it I didn't blow the money slabbing (good idea, because after slabbing fees I'd feel the need to sell them)

The defect is the cover vein on right edge, otherwise the book had a 9.2-9.4 shot

Checkout now so I get my money :taptaptap:

working on the DC first are we hm

1 bid, one loss :(

will try again tonight :banana:

It doesn't matter when I pay, as you'll get paid 30 days from now anyways, jackazz

(tsk)

I use walk through service, not modern economy

RADAA88D2013624_162156.jpg

I completely forgot about this comic. I remember buying it off the racks as a kid. I loved that ghastly stuff. Now I've got to find me a reader copy somewhere.

Yeah - Batman did her and then did her. Just like Robin.

RAD8C95E2013710_16447.jpg

your going to love that book, its got blazing colors from a high grade collection, its a really killer copy, you can stare at it for hours. Looks right off the presses. The original owner must have bought this and stored these in his dark closet forever at the right temperature.

I have about 30 more like it I didn't blow the money slabbing (good idea, because after slabbing fees I'd feel the need to sell them)

The defect is the cover vein on right edge, otherwise the book had a 9.2-9.4 shot

I guess I'm learning something here - I didn't think CGC downgraded for printing defects.

As a kid, "Fireball XL5" was my favorite TV show. A little more than 5 years ago, I discovered that somewhere in the CGC universe was a top graded 9.4 slab of a 1964 one-shot "Steve Zodiac and the Fireball XL5." I searched online...I posted here...I looked everywhere to track down who owned the book. I never found it. That is until that book showed up in the July auction and tonight I made it mine. Paid more than I'd hoped but I'm a happy camper tonight.

Fireball%20XL5%209.4.jpg

Good lord a'mighty, what the heck happened with that JIM 3 in 6.0?

What should have happened. I was waiting for it to jump. I thought the price it got was reasonable and could be argued to be low.

What should have happened. I was waiting for it to jump. I thought the price it got was reasonable and could be argued to be low.

The final sale price was higher than any on record in the GPA database for any grade of the book, and a 6.0 just sold for 1/3 the price in December.

The final sale price was higher than any on record in the GPA database for any grade of the book, and a 6.0 just sold for 1/3 the price in December.

Crazy stuff can happen in Clink auctions, especially in pre-hero Marvels like this. I know I would have snapped up that December copy if I'd seen it. Where did it sell?

As a kid, "Fireball XL5" was my favorite TV show. A little more than 5 years ago, I discovered that somewhere in the CGC universe was a top graded 9.4 slab of a 1964 one-shot "Steve Zodiac and the Fireball XL5." I searched online...I posted here...I looked everywhere to track down who owned the book. I never found it. That is until that book showed up in the July auction and tonight I made it mine. Paid more than I'd hoped but I'm a happy camper tonight.

Fireball%20XL5%209.4.jpg

I haven't heard or seen this, that I can remember...., but it is very nice, and attractive - congrats! I love these Gold Key painted covers! :thumbsup:

Fireball%20XL5%209.4.jpg

I haven't heard or seen this, that I can remember...., but it is very nice, and attractive - congrats! I love these Gold Key painted covers! :thumbsup:

..... I was nuts over that show too...... first Christmas present I ever remember was the XL5 Rocketship...... wish I still had it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

RADF1DB5201378_162754.jpg

Love that cover! Minimal yet Powerful. Classic!

(thumbs u

Agreed! I haven't collected Bronze Age for a while, but the Neal Adams Tec/Batman covers from that era can't be beat. (Love the sig line, by the way!)

Fireball%20XL5%209.4.jpg

Gorgeous cover art!