• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fraud #15 ?

628 posts in this topic

I suggest someone snipe it at a huge price without warning so the guy can't block you.

Then leave him a neg for selling a reprint.

EBay poofs the auctions now. A few like this have just vanished well after they were over. They don't want people doing searches and getting a feeling that there are scammers on EBay.

I have "saved" serveral scam auctions (two AF 15's and a TOS 39) in my eBay the past two months. All three I notified eBay they were scams - all three eBay allowed to continue to the end.

I saved them intending to notify the buyer - when they posted up negative - that eBay had been notified that the listing was fraudlent. But let it continue anyway. So if they give you any hassle on buyer protection - just mention that.

As you mentioned, the auctions go "poof" when they go south. For the reason you mention - and so that people like me don't tell the buyer eBay let them get screwed.

eBay is just rife with fraud. There's a fraudlent AF 15 listing 2-3x a month. How many of us have notified ebay on this auction - yet still it goes on. Why would ebay let a seller cancel a bid of 50K?

Edited by Tony S

Look at his past auctions, there's no way the Joe DiMaggio ball is authentic

And when asked which Comissioners name is on the ball he couldn't even be bothered to google an actual name of someone who has served as MLB's Commish or President :facepalm:

Gene A. Budig not Rene A. Buding :baiting:

I saved them intending to notify the buyer - when they posted up negative - that eBay had been notified that the listing was fraudlent. But let it continue anyway. So if they give you any hassle on buyer protection - just mention that.

It just dawned on me that the fire under eBay's feet could come from a gripe site devoted to people posting their experiences of being taken (i.e. funny thing is the first name that popped into my head - scamBay - was already taken for the exact idea I was thinking).

If there are even one or two community members or people who regularly frequent such a site and do as you have, eBay would be sweating bullets rather than acting like they don't have a care in the world in dealing with frauds.

I emailed the guy and told him. "The picture of the comic is clearly inside a CGC case. Please send me a picture of the label" he replied "there is no label that is simply a case container, if you wish to see more pictures ill send them" lol so I reported him right after that...

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned - my bad for not reading all 27 pages - but the back cover he has pictured is from another AF15 currently for sale on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-FIRST-SPIDER-MAN-1962-VG-MARVEL-SILVER-AGE-/330946341082?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d0df068da#ht_2448wt_990

eBay just sucks.

Report a fraudulent auction, no action taken. I understand they're busy. :eyeroll:

Post a scammer seller warning on their message board, and they sure have the time to remove the post and email the OP.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned - my bad for not reading all 27 pages - but the back cover he has pictured is from another AF15 currently for sale on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-FIRST-SPIDER-MAN-1962-VG-MARVEL-SILVER-AGE-/330946341082?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d0df068da#ht_2448wt_990

I reported it again using the copying of another auctions pictures or text option. Referenced that auction. Probably not going to matter but why not.

Are u cereal?