• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fraud #15 ?

628 posts in this topic

"This is Auction is for a Amazing Fantasy #15 comic book in great condition! Comic is not graded but only comes in a plastic case. I had my previous listing removed for various reasons from the Ebay community for false information and false bidders. But now its back on so good luck, and please only bid if your going to buy, I do not need the hassle of removing my auction again. Thank you! "

The balls on this guy...

Wait... forget that... check out the related stories... hundred + things I learned at SDCC...

85 - Rob Liefeld does not take kindly to being asked to draw a foot as a commission from a fan

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/23/one-hundred-things-we-learned-at-san-diego/

Edited by Buzzetta

This thread helped him refine his scheme. The mistakes that were pointed out on the other auction are addressed in the new auction.

Now that he's read the ctrl-f remark, he will no doubt adjust the formatting to prevent that check as well.

So I just got off the phone with ebay. You give them the item # and mention he's tried it before and as recent as the past couple days. Tell them it's a reprint which he has buried in the long description. It's only worth 10 to 15 bucks but he's clearly trying to sell it as a highly valuable original to some poor soul for thousands of dollars.

ebay# 866-540-3229 I think I pushed # a few times then 0.

Only took a few minutes at most of waiting and button pushing before I got through to some nice patient girl. She said she would file a complaint. I have a good feeling this one is coming down too

If anyone else calls ask questions about how they handle complaints on their end. She did mention they might suspend his account.

Edited by james1miller

Not only is he back, but he's returned with even more Wikipedia BS than before. You need to read all the way to the part about J. Jonah Jameson to learn that he's selling a reprint.

He starts with wikipedia, but adds much more from this article.

So I just got off the phone with ebay. You give them the item # and mention he's tried it before and as recent as the past couple days. Tell them it's a reprint which he has buried in the long description. It's only worth 10 to 15 bucks but he's clearly trying to sell it as a highly valuable original to some poor soul for thousands of dollars.

Only took a few minutes at most of waiting and button pushing before I got through to some nice patient girl. She said she would file a complaint. I have a good feeling this one is coming down too

If anyone else calls ask questions about how they handle complaints on their end. She did mention they might suspend his account.

:applause:

The woman I spoke with said pretty much the same thing. She would flag the account for the dispute center too see why an auction that was pulled is up again so soon.