• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fraud #15 ?

628 posts in this topic

Its funny how he says the comic has two minor tears on the front cover when the picture clearly shows it doesn't

His description clearly states that the comic pictured is not the book that is being sold. meh

The use of a sample image is not uncommon, but reputable dealers make it very clear, even at the risk of running off potential buyers.

I know. I was being facetious.

Yeah, a stock image is fine for some random nothing book (I suppose), but nobody legit whould use one for an AF15.

Its funny how he says the comic has two minor tears on the front cover when the picture clearly shows it doesn't

His description clearly states that the comic pictured is not the book that is being sold. meh

The use of a sample image is not uncommon, but reputable dealers make it very clear, even at the risk of running off potential buyers.

Yeah, a stock image is fine for some random nothing book (I suppose), but nobody legit whould use one for an AF15.

Agreed. I was mainly adding unnecessary commentary. :)

Agreed. I was mainly adding unnecessary commentary. :)

and the book in his posting is neither in stock or a reprint

Edited by crazyhips

I'm on with the 3rd ebay fraud investigator. You guys are fast.
What's he saying?

The correct response is, 'what are you saying?'

I was saying that I was on the phone trying to report this and passed from one person to the next in their fraud department. I didn't spam the fraud department, I was transferred up the line through various channels until I spoke with a 'higher up' that could ascertain how egregious this was. Because I explained to them how much this could potentially go for and had to walk they through how to get to the 'small type'.

What's he saying?

I was saying that I was on the phone trying to report this and passed from one person to the next in their fraud department. I didn't spam the fraud department, I was transferred up the line through various channels until I spoke with a 'higher up' that could ascertain how egregious this was. Because I explained to them how much this could potentially go for and had to walk they through how to get to the 'small type'.

I could be wrong, but I do not think Hado was questioning you or your grammar. I believe he was simply asking what the investigator was saying about the case. (shrug)

What's he saying?

I could be wrong, but I do not think Hado was questioning you or your grammar. I believe he was simply asking what the investigator was saying about the case. (shrug)

Bingo-bango

What's he saying?

thats what Hado was saying. he meant "he" as the Ebay fraud inspector

its all good! (thumbs u

OHHHHH. Man, once again I feel like a tool. :facepalm:

She said it was clearly a case of misrepresentation. The issue wasn't that the text was hidden in the copy - though there was clearly malice. The issue was the amount of copy that was dumped in to hide the text. No big surprise there. They said that they would submit a fraud report for the seller and would likely suspend his ability to sell. I don't know if anything more will be done.

I went to the higher level because I was running off some sale numbers for her to demonstrate how expensive this could get and that Elvishaha was bragging about the fraud online. Honestly, they care about their business but not much more so I don't know if anything more than the suspension of selling rights will come out of it. I didn't check, is the listing still up?.

This should be painfully obvious, but as long as eBay fails to ban him, he's going to keep relisting this item and coming back to this thread because of all the attention he's being given.

All this "er mah gerd what a scumberg" stuff is exactly what he wants. I know this isn't going to happen, but I'd strongly suggest we just stick to flagging when the book is relisted - then people can go ahead and notify without feeding his cravings for a reaction.

If he feeds on bad comments, we will be glad to feed him for a while. And we are already here, he is the one going out of his way to not only come here and post, but to continue to re-list the auction with many changes to keep his "secret" safe. He is wasting his time, and we are wasting his time.

If he likes that, win-win, I say.

-slym

Just finished my daily ebay bs artist complaint phone call. She said "Wow he's already got a lot of flags on this one." I told her it was only the third time he's tried it this week.

It only took about 4 or 5 minutes on the phone.

But like someone else mentioned the bidders must be catching on to his bs.

It's only at 2 bids now at $105.50....Last 2 were just under or over 5000. and 3thousand something on the other one.

Edited by james1miller