• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fraud #15 ?

628 posts in this topic

Here's another listing for AF #15 from a zero seller.

He claims he's had this book since 2001, yet the 2 pics of the front cover that he provides shows 2 entirely different books. One has a piece missing on the edge (in the building area) and the other doesn't. :facepalm:

Well, at least he/she explains it in the revised description:

"It has come to my attention from eBay memebers that my first two photos do not match up. This is correct, I fear in my carelessness when I took cover photo two I accidentally took out peice of the front cover all from its side. I apologize I did not see this error. Thanks for users pointing it out to me."

Doesn't appear too concerned that this accident cost him/her thousands of dollars.

Not addressed: the countless other things that make the two pictures not the same book.

Wow! If he took a piece out from taking a picture I don't know how he/she survives brushing his/her teeth every morning.

It has come to my attention from eBay memebers that my first two photos do not match up. This is correct, I fear in my carelessness when I took cover photo two I accidentally took out peice of the front cover all from its side. I apologize I did not see this error. Thanks for users pointing it out to me. This was his response to why a piece is missing from the book.

If that was true the picture with the missing piece would of been the second picture since it would upload in order. It also doesn't explain the color breaking bend that's in the middle of the book along with another color break on the top edge thats shown in picture but not the other. Definitely a scammer.

This guy doesn't stop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151093873617?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Waaaay down under the section titled "I Am The Spider" is this:

This auction is for a non graded Amazing Fantasy #15 copy only, not a original, it is not a 1962 Amazing Fantasy #15 edition. The above pictures and title advertised are not for the comic being sold nor do they represent the comic in anyway. Also bidder/buyer accepts that he/she has read the full description of this auction listing and agree's that this auction is for a Amazing Fantasy #15 copy only before placing a bid on the item/auction. Buyer/bidder also agrees that he/she will not take any legal action against the seller or attempt any law suits of any kind.)

Reported

The shmuck was going by trueknight with 4 numbers on the end this time. Or it was something knight with 4 numbers on the end but I'm pretty sure it was trueknight.

He had a picture of a cgc 7.0 AF #15 and had cgc 7.0 AF 15 in the main title of the listing. Then way down below in the great wall of text he had...

This auction is for a non graded Amazing Fantasy #15 copy only, not a original, it is not a 1962 Amazing Fantasy #15 edition. The above pictures and title advertised are not for the comic being sold nor do they represent the comic in anyway. Also bidder/buyer accepts that he/she has read the full description of this auction listing and agree's that this auction is for a Amazing Fantasy #15 copy only before placing a bid on the item/auction. Buyer/bidder also agrees that he/she will not take any legal action against the seller or attempt any law suits of any kind.)

Ah, but a local news channel's "action team" needs none of those things.

I wonder if the one I contacted ever investigated the Neeleys?

:)

-slym

Judging by what was dug up, I am sure that the Neeley's have been investigated for bigger things than comic book scams.