• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The umpire is calling strikes..................

5,775 posts in this topic

I think it was David Millers Incredible Hulk 1 ST.

I went into the Hulk sales thread to quote some of the interaction Brock had with David and "poof" it was scrubbed clean.

I guess that must have been it. Missed it. Thanks Joey. (thumbs u

I get that some don't like Brock, but I don't think he deserves all his posts humped. He's a good guy- he just has strong opinions and isn't afraid to voice them.

We've also seen much harsher comments from others on the boards.

You can have strong opinions (most of us do from time to time) without constantly taking dumps in peoples sales threads.

Can you provide a link to the "Dump" Brock took? You've also been one of his harshest critics here so I'm not sure I can take your comment to heart...

Let his record speak for itself. Third strike for disrupting sales threads. (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7331637#Post7331637

I think the remark that got him this strike may have been removed by the mods.

I have been a critic of him. I take ownership of that. I think he deserves criticism.

Yea but when you follow people around and make comments about everything they say and jump on celebrating their misfortunes it gets to be a little much.

Just my 2c

I recently put him on ignore so that won't happen anymore. Although, there have been plenty of his comments that I chose not to reply to, so "follow people around and make comments about everything they say" don't hold water.

However, a little "dancing on the grave" of someone who totally deserves it? yeah, guilty as charged. I'm sure it will happen again too. (shrug)

I changed my comment after you quoted it so it wasn't directed solely at you. I apologize for that although I have seen you make numerous comments about Brock and you've been very open about your dislike for him. I find it incredible that people can make such harsh comments about other members of our small community without infraction- again that is not only directed at you. But saying someone has no character and they are scum all over the boards just boggles my mind.

Those are conversations that should be kept to yourself. Just as people have said expressing opinions in a sales thread should be kept to yourself.

And I think dancing on someones grave is in poor taste.

I changed my comment after you quoted it so it wasn't directed solely at you. I apologize for that although I have seen you make numerous comments about Brock and you've been very open about your dislike for him. I find it incredible that people can make such harsh comments about other members of our small community without infraction- again that is not only directed at you. But saying someone has no character and they are scum all over the boards just boggles my mind.

Those are conversations that should be kept to yourself. Just as people have said expressing opinions in a sales thread should be kept to yourself.

The dicey thing about this message board stuff is that in most cases you only know about a person from what they post. It's how it goes. You seem to take issue with me because of how I respond to him. Fine, that's your choice.

However, how about taking issue with the other person because of what caused me to make that comment? There's an action/reaction thing going on. You can't ignore one in favor of the other. Is it because he's a "good guy" in your eyes? What leads you to proclaim him to be a good guy because from what I've seen of his board presence I am of a different opinion.

The dicey thing about this message board stuff is that in most cases you only know about a person from what they post. It's how it goes. You seem to take issue with me because of how I respond to him. Fine, that's your choice.

However, how about taking issue with the other person because of what caused me to make that comment? There's an action/reaction thing going on. You can't ignore one in favor of the other. Is it because he's a "good guy" in your eyes? What leads you to proclaim him to be a good guy because from what I've seen of his board presence I am of a different opinion.

I've bought a few books off Brock since joining the boards. At one point, I had just missed a copy of ASM that sold. I posted disappointment and he reached out to me in a PM. Of course it was to make a deal, but he gave it to me at the same price as the book that had went and a little below GPA. He also gave me a month to pay.

Then I went looking for an ASM 129. I couldn't buy one outright and looked for a dealer who would give me time payments. Brock did and was flexible with me. He then came up to Baltimore last year and we had dinner. It was fun and I met his wife, mother in law, and baby daughter while he met my family. He also went ahead and gave me the ASM 129 while I still had two more payments to make.

When Brock got his first strike I defended him. While on his strike, he saw my comments. He went ahead and sent me a free copy of ASM 30 as a nice gesture for sticking up for him.

And your right people are not without flaws. I wouldn't condone thread crapping in a sales thread. It is why I asked for a link and before I responded to your initial posts I pulled up Brocks last few posts.

I've seen Brock make some strong comments and purposely stayed clear of his eBay screw up thread. However, as many of you have seen, I'm outspoken and don't back down much like Brock. I've often been called a bull in a china shop and maybe I don't mind that Brock speaks his mind.

He's always been honest with me and a good friend to a small collector.

Well, I sent Arch a PM with the Mod CCed on it asking for clarification.

I truly think if they want us to learn from our mistakes they need to be more transparent (anyone noticed a trend with this company).

I've been asking for more transparency in the moderation every since it became outsourced. I think over all the moderation is inconsistent and it's sometimes difficult to know what is and isn't strike worthy. I don't think the mods are making their lives any easier but not communicating in detail the cause of the strikes, etc.

I got a response from Arch so maybe there is some transparency if you keep digging…

Well, I sent Arch a PM with the Mod CCed on it asking for clarification.

I truly think if they want us to learn from our mistakes they need to be more transparent (anyone noticed a trend with this company).

I've been asking for more transparency in the moderation every since it became outsourced. I think over all the moderation is inconsistent and it's sometimes difficult to know what is and isn't strike worthy. I don't think the mods are making their lives any easier but not communicating in detail the cause of the strikes, etc.

I got a response from Arch so maybe there is some transparency if you keep digging…

Yup, I realize now that if you talk to Arch you get that transparency. I had previously thought that all mods had that ability.

I've bought a few books off Brock since joining the boards. At one point, I had just missed a copy of ASM that sold. I posted disappointment and he reached out to me in a PM. Of course it was to make a deal, but he gave it to me at the same price as the book that had went and a little below GPA. He also gave me a month to pay.

Then I went looking for an ASM 129. I couldn't buy one outright and looked for a dealer who would give me time payments. Brock did and was flexible with me. He then came up to Baltimore last year and we had dinner. It was fun and I met his wife, mother in law, and baby daughter while he met my family. He also went ahead and gave me the ASM 129 while I still had two more payments to make.

When Brock got his first strike I defended him. While on his strike, he saw my comments. He went ahead and sent me a free copy of ASM 30 as a nice gesture for sticking up for him.

Cool books!

And your right people are not without flaws. I wouldn't condone thread crapping in a sales thread. It is why I asked for a link and before I responded to your initial posts I pulled up Brocks last few posts.

I've seen Brock make some strong comments and purposely stayed clear of his eBay screw up thread. However, as many of you have seen, I'm outspoken and don't back down much like Brock. I've often been called a bull in a china shop and maybe I don't mind that Brock speaks his mind.

So cool books..

So cool books..

Coke!

Cool books!

Are ASM 129 and 122 "Cool Books"?

Jeffro makes a good point. There is an action/reaction thing with everyone here (or anywhere online). I do like Brock, and I think he's a good guy in my book. I've seen him help people by donating things and offering to ship donations on his own dime, he's been friendly to me and I've had a variety of deals with him that always ended well.

However, I know he's opinionated - and that can rub people the wrong way when important or polarizing opinions differ. That's just life. It's part of being a community - online as well as IRL.

Cool books!

Are ASM 129 and 122 "Cool Books"?

They are friggin' cool to me. :headbang:

Jeffro makes a good point. There is an action/reaction thing with everyone here (or anywhere online). I do like Brock, and I think he's a good guy in my book. I've seen him help people by donating things and offering to ship donations on his own dime,

As a recipient of some of the items he shipped as part of the donations I made for Beau's family, and after seeing how they were packed and shipped and how irreplaceable those items were, he should probably not add any information about that episode to his resume.

c47f36c2e011d6ab4161e2a28597014850bec64e6ab72d2292559129926d9b18.jpg

2mffchv.jpg

I don't buy much so I don't know if I would fall under the "cool books" proclamation - but I have no problem with Brock either. He's sometimes lacking social graces with some of his interactions with others and from what I've heard he loves lowball offers, but I don't think he's malicious and he's always been friendly and helpful with me. (shrug) I told him that he was completely wrong with how he handled that eBay situation and he was receptive and acknowledged that he was wrong.

Jeffro makes a good point. There is an action/reaction thing with everyone here (or anywhere online). I do like Brock, and I think he's a good guy in my book. I've seen him help people by donating things and offering to ship donations on his own dime,

As a recipient of some of the items he shipped as part of the donations I made for Beau's family, and after seeing how they were packed and shipped and how irreplaceable those items were, he should probably not add any information about that episode to his resume.

Ahhh. Well, I can't recall everything about that - I thought he was just shipping out Beau's Kareema Lou comics (that's what I got). Was there other stuff, too?

Got my answer via PM.