• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer #15 New Price Record?

15 posts in this topic

Just ended E-bay Auction for SS #15 maybe new record. Only (1) of (2) 9.8 copies sold for...............................

I don't know about many of you but I have it bad watching ending comic book auctions on ebay and keeping a record of books that I feel sell for prices that are higher than I would expect for the particular book to sell for. Sparkle City just closed a bunch of auctions this evening and one of the books that sold was a perfect copy of SS#15 in CGC 9.8 condition. I started watching it earlier this evening and was astonished when the bidding went above the $1,000.00 mark.

This book is definitely a rarity in that there have only been (2) copies to receive the grade of 9.8, so I was surprised but not totally shocked.

Well the bidding ended and some lucky buyer will be adding that beautiful book to his/her collection (it could be a female :)

Oh and the final gavel price was ....................

$2,555.50

I thought this was worth information to share with the group especially those that may not sit and eyeball the computer for as many hours on end as I do.

Happy Hunting/Collectiing

P.S. It's the issue where the Surfer battles the Human Torch :)

See more journals by Dre

Silver Surfer is an amazing hero but not one of my favorites. He does not have an emotional stance (Dr Manhattan?) I cannot connect with him like I can with Wolverine or Kamandi. Savage Dragon would kick his butt

As compared to years past this is a steal.

I think a lot of silver age titles like SS and IH are down close to 40% from their peak a few years ago, too many pressed high grade books hitting the market each year and everyone knows there will be more. Plus high grade OO collections will continue to pop up (Suscha) in short when you buy one of 2 9.8 SS 15 in 2013 assume by 2018 it will be one of 5,6,7, 8...10? Then decide whether it is still worth it.

Actually Johnny, your CGC graded 9.0 is now worth $7.50 in the 2013 Overstreet Price Guide :)

Just kidding buddy, the value in the last guide (that I'm still using) for 2012

is $190.00 for your 9.2 and $130.00 for the 9.0.

Silver Surfer is an amazing hero but not one of my favorites. He does not have an emotional stance (Dr Manhattan?) I cannot connect with him like I can with Wolverine or Kamandi. Savage Dragon would kick his butt

I can't believe you went there my friend. You KNOW thems fightin words, lol. The Surfer is the character that got me into collecting comics. Back in the early 90's Wizard magazine also did a write up on who would win in a fight between all the heroes in every comic book universe...and not only who would win, but HOW they would do it. The winner after all the smoke cleared? The Silver Surfer! That's what's up! :)

sig.jpg

What is the value in the newest guide? I am curious I have a CGC 9.0 and 9.2

In the 2013 Overstreet, the value of a SS #15 9.0 and 9.2 is $132 and $200 respectively.

Mike

Had them listed recently in the sales forum for less than that neither sold...