• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Star Wars Comic #1 Reprint for Trilogy Release!

41 posts in this topic

Oh well, I maybe one of the few that like the raw un-edited stuff.

Nope you are not alone my friend.

Part of the allure of those 3 S.W. movies for me is the "dated" special effects that were used.

And how you can see them improve with each movie..

While groundbreaking effects at the time.. you can date most movies made, over the course of the past 50 years or so.. by what the special effects look like.

And for G.L. to monkey around with his "in the can" movies is to put it mildly.. a travesty..

I can see why it might stick in his craw , when he views a scene of a Tie Fighter doing a rollover.. and you can see the actualy see the outline of the "cells " in each frame.. (and rumored to be his real reason for not wanting to never release them on DVD.. or so I read somewhere..)

When an artist of anykind works on a project.. he has to know when to say

"when".. and G.L seems to never be satisfied with anything he has made.

Did Harryhausen tinker with his Sinbad.. stop action stuff 20 years later?

Did Trumball mess with Silent Running?

No... leave them be.. if only a reminder as to how far things have come.. and how simple(yet very effective ) effects were used, back in the day.

So while I still will buy the DVD trilogy.. it does also pain me that we were at least not given a choice.. to buy a "newly remastered , newly added footage version"

Or buy a "Classic untouched Theater version"

Lord of the Rings did this well.. fleeced all of us who really wanted to own both versions.. and make us pay twice for it.

And does anyone know anything about the new version of THX 1138 that is coming out now.?

Is this new version just a remastered digital enhanced version.. or did G.L. "re do" the entire thing to suit his present mindset?

But in the end I am happy that Star Wars is out on DVD.. how can that be a bad thing..

27_laughing.gif

Ze-

Good insight.

I guess you're right, I'm a Star Wars junkie so I'll take the DVD set anyway I can get it?

I did pick-up THX-1138, because I never saw it before.

Man, this was a strange flick. I'm going to have to sit down and view it again to soak it all in.

SPOILER ALERT for THX:

The one thing that had me stratching my head, who was in that blue jar?

His dead mate?

His infantized mate? (they used a youth ray that change her into an embro)

His Infant replacement mate? (a new embryo that had her number)

What was that scene, man I was so lost!

confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh well, I maybe one of the few that like the raw un-edited stuff.

Part of the allure of those 3 S.W. movies for me is the "dated" special effects that were used.

Ze-

I thought most of the puppets and people in costumes just looked plain better. Sure there were a few here and there but I like them better than about 50% of the CGI stuff.

Well actually the worldwide (asian )release of the Star Wars DVD was pulled from the Laserdisc print.

Was a region one code though..

So there is another set of The Star Wars Trilogy out there , in DVD format.. remastered to 5.1 also, and added scenes too..

I got a 3 Box set off Ebay years back.. and sold it again... I was not pleased with the transfer.

Sold it for $75 believe it or not.. back then everyone thought Star Wars would never be released in the US.

Those were all unoffical bootlegs (some well done, some poorly) taken from the Laserdisc's. You can also get them for any region/ zero. Anybody with a decent computer could make one) The sound was also taken from the laserdiscs but of course not quite as good as the laserdiscs. None of them have the added scenes. Unless you mean the extras that came with the Box sets. (Some of the trailers do have small clips of the cut scenes like the Jedi sandstrom scene.)

The special edition is also out on bootleg.

The only place to get the cut scenes like the life on Tattoine (sp) scenes is from the Star Wars behind the magic cd. You can get the original Jabba scene from various different sources.

I believe there is a bootleg version out there taken from a high end laserdisc player HLD-X-9 that has been mastered as an anamophic treatment which is better than what most laserdiscs would put out.

So fess up!

Does anyone Own/Collect any Star Wars figures Pre 1985

or Post 1995 Carded or Un Carded?

I myself have about 2-300 carded in the Post 1995 almost all Orange Cards, Red Cards and Green Cards.

I own all Episode I and Episode II Carded. Most of these are in NM packaging or better.

As Far as the Pre 1985 I have all loose except for Ten of the Last 15 Potf 1985.

SW Figures ROCK!! headbang.gif

I do not personally collect them.

But 10 years ago or so.. I bought a few Darth Vader "long Saber" figures, and many of the Princess in her.. um..er.. scanty outfit.

, but the town I live in has a large Antique market.. there I have seen many., many Star Wars, and Star Trek stuff.. alot of it pre 85..

I will go there and tell you what they have, and for how much if you would like.

Ze-

I have a ROTJ Bib Fortuna MOC and Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight MOC and my brothers loose stuff from the 70's 80's. I have a few of the 1995 stuff up MOC. I was going to buy a few more like an ESB Yoda but I wound up picking up a few MOC G.I. Joe's like Destro and Gung Ho.

...Keep Dreaming Fan Boy!

Allthough, I am Pumped for the Original Trilogy Tomorrow!

Anyone else?

acclaim.gif

Ah, young padiwan. You have not noticed the easier, seductive side of LucasFilms. You see, he is going to drain this train ride for every cent. When the last movie is release on DVD, he is going to dramatically change the original trilogy EVEN FURTHER to "perfect" his "vision". Expect a six pack with even more new film material as Lucas attempts to drain your wallet of another $150 or so.

foreheadslap.gif

No thanks, I'll wait until 2006 when he can get his damn storytelling straight!

...Keep Dreaming Fan Boy!

Allthough, I am Pumped for the Original Trilogy Tomorrow!

Anyone else?

acclaim.gif

Ah, young padiwan. You have not noticed the easier, seductive side of LucasFilms. You see, he is going to drain this train ride for every cent. When the last movie is release on DVD, he is going to dramatically change the original trilogy EVEN FURTHER to "perfect" his "vision". Expect a six pack with even more new film material as Lucas attempts to drain your wallet of another $150 or so.

foreheadslap.gif

No thanks, I'll wait until 2006 when he can get his damn storytelling straight!

How did you know?

I've been broke because of Lucas for many of years!

It took me thousands of dollars to obtain that knowledge! grin.gif

Star Wars questions and errors below..

In Empire, Luke lets go and falls down. Using the force he is able to make his body fall into a shaft and he is safe.

In ROTJ, the Emperor is thrown off a balcony and dies...how does that make any sense at all???? If puny-powers Luke can save himself from a fall, certainly the Sith LORD could do the same...if not a hell of a lot more!

And on that note...since all Jedi (good and bad) have the power to levitate and move obects at will shouldn't they also be able to move and levitate themselves???

When Vadar threw the Emperor off the balcony he should have the power to lift himself back up.

West

As far as Luke falling, I don't think there was any force-using going on. I think that shaft was basically like a funnel which had the narrow end curve gently. So *anyone* would have had the same thing happen to them. The shaft the Emperor fell down (I'm guessing) had a flat bottom.

And for your other question. I just always assumed that Jedi's could move *objects* telekinetically, but not sentinent things. I mean in the movies, Jedi's have moved/levitated battle droids, R2D2,. C3PO, lightsabers, blasters, rocks, switches, even an X-Wing. But never anything living.

In Empire, Luke lets go and falls down. Using the force he is able to make his body fall into a shaft and he is safe.

In ROTJ, the Emperor is thrown off a balcony and dies...how does that make any sense at all???? If puny-powers Luke can save himself from a fall, certainly the Sith LORD could do the same...if not a hell of a lot more!

And on that note...since all Jedi (good and bad) have the power to levitate and move obects at will shouldn't they also be able to move and levitate themselves???

When Vadar threw the Emperor off the balcony he should have the power to lift himself back up.

West

As far as Luke falling, I don't think there was any force-using going on. I think that shaft was basically like a funnel which had the narrow end curve gently. So *anyone* would have had the same thing happen to them. The shaft the Emperor fell down (I'm guessing) had a flat bottom.

He didn't die silly. He'll be back for Episode VII

So who here believes that Lucas's downfall began with the Ewoks? tongue.gif

Can you imagine if there had been an internet during the first trilogy?

Hypothetical Messageboard circa 1983...

"Can you believe that the big ending of Return of the Jedi (ROTJ) was seeing

the stupid Death Star explode.... AGAIN? I waited 6 years for THAT???"

"How about that lame Ewok celebration? Yubnub... echop, yubnub!!"

"Vomit!!! Luke kisses Leia, then we find out it's his sister? GROSS!!!"

"Why does the most feared villain in the galaxy look like Uncle Fester?

I figured he'd have a red face with tattoos and horns or something..."

tonofbricks.gif

West

And for your other question. I just always assumed that Jedi's could move *objects* telekinetically, but not sentinent things. I mean in the movies, Jedi's have moved/levitated battle droids, R2D2,. C3PO, lightsabers, blasters, rocks, switches, even an X-Wing. But never anything living.

The shafts at Cloud City led outside, causing a draft that Luke was pulled into. The book explains it better. It's been a while since I saw it, but I think I remember seeing a suprised look on Luke like he actually survived. As far as Luke was concerned, he WAS going die.