• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spawn #185 Black & White Sketch - Signed by Todd McFarlane - NM

22 posts in this topic

Can we see a copy of the Certificate of Authenticity that you made?

There was an unsigned VF/NM that eneded on eBay about 8 weeks ago (or there about) for a tad bit over $1,600 so that is why I set my "asking price" that high... as I said before, I am willing to negotiate with reasonable offers from potential buyers.

There was an unsigned VF/NM that eneded on eBay about 8 weeks ago (or there about) for a tad bit over $1,600 so that is why I set my "asking price" that high... as I said before, I am willing to negotiate with reasonable offers from potential buyers.

If you're using eBay's completed sales to justify your price, it seems a bit odd to leave out the raw, unsigned "NM/NM+" copy that sold for $910 about 2 weeks ago.

If you're using eBay's completed sales to justify your price, it seems a bit odd to leave out the raw, unsigned "NM/NM+" copy that sold for $910 about 2 weeks ago.

That book was not NM+ and I am familiar with the auction. That sale ended during the day (late morning) on a weekday which was a pretty bad time to have the listing end. Look, I don't need to have my balls busted here. I have an asking price which has flexibility on it. If someone wants to make an offer, they can make me an offer. I am not trying to scam anyone or rip anyone off. I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head to make a full-price offer. I put an asking price to deter low-ball offers of $150 that I constantly get when I list a valuable comic book.

I used the $1,600 as a point of reference because that was more of a typical ending price based on recent auctions. If you were selling a valuable book, would you use the lowest possible listing valuation based on a poor auction end time as your barometer? Sorry if I offended you with my asking price... sheesh.

Hi, can I ask about the certificate of authenticity you created without you getting flustered/defensive?

You created it and that gives it validation because...? What I mean is, I can create a certificate of authenticity for any of my books, and that wouldn't give them any "real" validation other than I printed something nice on a piece of paper, but holds no real value. I of course don't know who you are, so I'd like to know how your COA is any different? What makes it "official?"

Thanks, and oh... glwts!

:)

That book was not NM+ and I am familiar with the auction. That sale ended during the day (late morning) on a weekday which was a pretty bad time to have the listing end. Look, I don't need to have my balls busted here. I have an asking price which has flexibility on it. If someone wants to make an offer, they can make me an offer. I am not trying to scam anyone or rip anyone off. I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head to make a full-price offer. I put an asking price to deter low-ball offers of $150 that I constantly get when I list a valuable comic book.

I used the $1,600 as a point of reference because that was more of a typical ending price based on recent auctions. If you were selling a valuable book, would you use the lowest possible listing valuation based on a poor auction end time as your barometer? Sorry if I offended you with my asking price... sheesh.

No offense taken - you're free to ask the moon for your book.

Picking & choosing auction results in order to support your asking price, however, is a bit scammy :thumbsup:

Hi, can I ask about the certificate of authenticity you created without you getting flustered/defensive?

You created it and that gives it validation because...? What I mean is, I can create a certificate of authenticity for any of my books, and that wouldn't give them any "real" validation other than I printed something nice on a piece of paper, but holds no real value. I of course don't know who you are, so I'd like to know how your COA is any different? What makes it "official?"

Thanks, and oh... glwts!

:)

Fair question; my autheticity doesn't hold any value other than the 100% money back guarantee that the signature will pass any offical third party signature verification process. Many use COA's for that purpose.

Picking & choosing auction results in order to support your asking price, however, is a bit scammy :thumbsup:

How is it "scammy"??? Anyone who makes an offer on this book knows the fair market value on it. If your house is worth $200,000 and you went to sell it for $215,000 expecting prospective buyers to negoiate to some meeting point in the middle, but a house down the street from yours sold for $175,000, would you lower your asking price if felt your house was worth the $200,000?? I don't see the difference really and I don't think you'd call that a scam. I really take offense to that comment because I consider myself a very honest person. I am an active duty veteran how puts a high premium on integrity, so I take that comment as a personal shot to my character.

No need to reply. This forum is an absolute joke when people go out of their way to interject non-productive criticism when they obviously have no interest in actually making a sale. It is what some refer to as "trolling."

How is it "scammy"??? Anyone who makes an offer on this book knows the fair market value on it. If your house is worth $200,000 and you went to sell it for $215,000 expecting prospective buyers to negoiate to some meeting point in the middle, but a house down the street from yours sold for $175,000, would you lower your asking price if felt your house was worth the $200,000?? I don't see the difference really and I don't think you'd call that a scam. I really take offense to that comment because I consider myself a very honest person. I am an active duty veteran how puts a high premium on integrity, so I take that comment as a personal shot to my character.

No need to reply. This forum is an absolute joke when people go out of their way to interject non-productive criticism when they obviously have no interest in actually making a sale. It is what some refer to as "trolling."

You're missing the point by about a mile.

You are free to ask whatever you want for this book. Either it will sell or it won't.

What's not ok, however, is picking & choosing which auction results to show in order to justify your price - it boggles the mind that you can't see how posting a high auction result from 8 weeks ago and then ignoring a lower auction result from 2 weeks ago isn't misleading.

OK - This is going great. If someone wants to contact me about the book, message me. I'm not responding to rhetorical and condescending remarks. I expected more from such a passionate group of comic collectors on a pretty respectable forum. Guess my expectations were too high.

You're missing the point by about a mile.

You are free to ask whatever you want for this book. Either it will sell or it won't.

What's not ok, however, is picking & choosing which auction results to show in order to justify your price - it boggles the mind that you can't see how posting a high auction result from 8 weeks ago and then ignoring a lower auction result from 2 weeks ago isn't misleading.

I'm not missing your point, but your argument isn't grounded. If you are saying that I ignored last weeks listing to manipulate this sale, then according to your opinion, no one should be able to expect any amount over cover price for a comic. At one point it sold for $2.50 so by not disclosing that I am scammy?