• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warehouse finds going up for sale

13 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a warehouse of comic books and one the finds was a stack of original comic book art. Many Pat Broderick pages & covers. Some Dave Cockrum & more. I will be posting these on Ebay but welcome any offers as the auctions move along.

Please contact me directly at: godfatcom@aol,.com with any questions. I have no problem stopping an auction in progress, if I am happy with an offer offsite. I am glad send along any scans. Thanks!

Godfather's Comics & Collectibles

Ebay user name: godfatcom

I recently purchased a warehouse of comic books and one the finds was a stack of original comic book art. Many Pat Broderick pages & covers. Some Dave Cockrum & more. I will be posting these on Ebay but welcome any offers as the auctions move along.

Did anyone manage to complete a deal here?

He had pages I'd have been very happy with, but I didn't act in time; someone on this board had already scarfed them. Every single one I would have liked. :mad:

Wondering if anyone else got a result here.

Andrew

Maybe a dealer bought the whole lot?

I have no confirmation that the entire lot is gone, just that the stuff I would have personally been interested in is gone. Hence my request to compare notes...

If the seller only had one pile of OA to go through, he may have done well for himself to sell in one lot and be done. If that's the case, hopefully it would be to a dealer (and more hopefully to a... reasonable dealer), the better to distribute to the hobby.

But, of course, there's no guarantees of that. IF the whole lot is sold, the buyer might easily be a private collector, and we may never hear of any of this ever again. Which, IMHO, would be a shame.

Andrew

Edit to add: He posted 7 new Ebay auctions of 'Captain Atom' pages yesterday. If he continues to post new pages, I guess we'd have our answer as to if they're all gone. Will monitor.

Was a list of the pieces ever posted?

Not to my knowledge. The seller did acknowlege a few particulars to me.

Did this all transpire just in the last 2 days (since the original post)?

Yep. (Though please note I'm the only one being a whiny baby about it.)

A number of the pages have sold already to private collectors. Thanks for all the people who contacted me. I still have pages left. The "choice" ones I just posted about 9Cerebus, Captain Atom Cover, Electric Warrior cover. I am posting a lot of Captain Atom panel pages on Ebay ( seller name: godfatcom). If interested in anything else, please contact me at godfatcom@aol.com. Thanks once more!