• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Letter 44 Oni

600 posts in this topic

This was a title that I always forgot about for awhile.. I fell about 3 issues behind not too long ago, but have since caught up. Letter 44 and Black Science have been comics that when I get to them in my read, I tend to wanna skip over them, but when I finish them I remember how much I like them.

:applause: I like Alberto's style. It fits particularly well with the subject matter.

I had to order the last issue from midtown since it looks like both my local shops dropped it. :(

They don't like good reads? (shrug)

I think it is more in line with they aren't reading new stuff at all. In fact in 2 of our LCS, they only have 1 person each who actually reads more than 10 comics 1 month that work for them. It reminds me of when I was early in the car business. I was a sales manager and while I had complete control over our end of sales, I had no control over inventory. We had a new car manager and a used car manager. Those 2 guys bought our entire inventory. One day, the new car manager said to me, "I have this thing on auto pilot. I only buy red, white, and black trucks because thats all we sale." I looked at him and thought what an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I had gone to this same guy for better than 6 months in row and told him that people kept asking for trucks with different options and colors. He literally only ordered red, white, or black every single month.

He was stuck in a rut. When he retired the next year, new sales went up close to 40% while used stayed relatively flat. My point is, if you aren't reading your books, you may order what you think your customers want and miss by a country mile. 2c

finally got my hands on the latest issue. Whoa!!!

Yeah things are heating up!

My LCS only orders enough for box customers. I keep telling him to buy at least one or two for the stands. He said he got burned on earlier issues. I still see some back issues in long boxes. So he might be right. I'm by no means speculating on this issue but I think it would make a great tv show. Might be a little too spendy though.

Yea the most recent issue was a blast. It really picked up and was really good. If you aren't picking up the book, I'd really suggest it. It makes for a fun read. I'd suggest it for everyone.

One thing that still bugs me is how compressed the book can be at times. Sometimes they compress panels. It might be better to draw it out so the reader isn't stuck with a wall of text.

Otherwise I love the direction of the book.

Just came across this blog post from Charles Soule about Letter 44... some cool teases about upcoming issues. :) Also says the Syfy show is indeed still in development.

https://charlessoule.wordpress.com/category/writing/letter-44/